What's new
Which ones? There's not enough I/Os on the microcontroller, but maybe there's a workaround.
Well, I ultimately prefer to be able to re-map all 8 inputs, (start, coin, buttons 1-6).

If you can only do 6 max, then when I order, I will likely ask for (start, buttons 1-5) as my 6 total.

It would be nice if you could at least do Start and Buttons 1-6, as coin is probably not really needed (at least on any PCB I own yet, except in 4 player games where coin corresponds with character selection).

Last edited:
What are those games? I'd like to see the instruction manual. Do they use Start as one of the "action buttons"?

Well, I still don't have a (working) Guardians of the Hood, but this damn game uses weird buttons I can't get working correctly on my HAS.

My version of Rampart is also odd, using start for rotate (the joystick version, not the trackball version).

Finally, some TMNT versions and other 4 player games which is a chute to detriment character. This would allow someone to use the HAS and configure the coin button separately to allow them to pick the character they want versus having to burn two player ROMS, which even if they did, wouldn't allow them to play 4 player.

@[SIZE=2]@MoppelTheWhale[/size] I'm confused now. Coin for 1-2 player is on the JAMMA edge and for 3-4 on the aux connectors on the PCB, so this really comes down to your 3/4 player harness wiring. You could map some buttons as button 6 and use the outputs to add coin for 3/4 players.

The same for Rampart, wire output six back to start button. I can add a jumper for this.

Nevermind, this can be done in software. So in the new RECO, the 7th press of a button will be "start".

Edit: now that I look at it, remappable coin output looks doable, too.

Last edited:
@[SIZE=2]@MoppelTheWhale[/size] I'm confused now. Coin for 1-2 player is on the JAMMA edge and for 3-4 on the aux connectors on the PCB, so this really comes down to your 3/4 player harness wiring. You could map some buttons as button 6 and use the outputs to add coin for 3/4 players.
but many cabs that are not dedicated for these types of games only have one coin chute (p1) - that means if i want to play on 2 player cab with arcade sticks on adapters for p3 &4 i can only coin up player 1,3&4
:)

but many cabs that are not dedicated for these types of games only have one coin chute (p1) - that means if i want to play on 2 player cab with arcade sticks on adapters for p3 &4 i can only coin up player 1,3&4:)
Makes sense, I'll add remappable coin then :)
Any chance to be able to update the HAS as well (also older HAS' maybe with firmware update)?

Start - yes, coin - no (it will be a combination of code + external logic).

Edit: If you can solder, then addition of start+coin to the HAS would be extremely easy. Just solder a 4pin cable with a 6pin JST XH connector to start+coin outputs (JAMMA connector) for both players. Now, whenever you use those funky PCBs with non-standard coin/start mapping, just connect that cable to the kick harness connector on the HAS. Button 5 will start , button 6 will be coin.

Another edit(brainstorming :D) @MoppelTheWhale @xtrasmiley - what you need is Coin2 for the TNMT, right? Can you think of games where Coin1 would be useful to have as one of the "action" buttons?

Last edited:
tnmt is the one usecase i have atm, i would think the other konami 4-player game of that era might behave the same - some other people can chime in on this... from what @opt2not wrote on another thread it sounds like he has some of the other games...

How the the 4player games on cps2 behave i don't know, but they have coin chutes for player 3&4 and start buttons wired on the 4player harness

Thanks. So from what I understand, some cabinets only have one coin chute, so you can't select the character nr 2 in some Konami games.

I think I will add a jumper/physical switch to enable the coin remapping, since the RECO is also used by the arcade operators - you don't want people to add coins by just pressing a button.

3/4 player games rely on the harness, so this isn't in scope of the RECO (harnesses can be wired to whatever you like).

It's a non issue for CPS2 as you can adjust from the service menu to suit, to utilise one coin chute or multiple.

I'm interested in one of these too! Just figured I'd say that... Need autofire for Blazing Star and Mahou Daisakusen!

Reactions: RGB
tnmt is the one usecase i have atm, i would think the other konami 4-player game of that era might behave the same - some other people can chime in on this... from what @opt2not wrote on another thread it sounds like he has some of the other games...

How the the 4player games on cps2 behave i don't know, but they have coin chutes for player 3&4 and start buttons wired on the 4player harness
yeah all the Konami 4player beat-em-ups use p1 coin for position 1, and p2 coin to position 2.
p3 and p4 use the sub harnesses for those positions. Aka , characters.

Attachments

• B75610B8-BBCE-4267-84D9-9BBAB8B42DE8.jpeg
    B75610B8-BBCE-4267-84D9-9BBAB8B42DE8.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 54E724B1-4E12-4504-9AB8-83BD7455EC43.jpeg
    54E724B1-4E12-4504-9AB8-83BD7455EC43.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 231
Definitely would like a couple of these. Happy to see it's coming back. Any kind of timeframe when it will be available?

Can't wait for these to be released again.

If there’s a list, I would like to be added for 2 please.

Last edited:
Back