What's new

gpbear4

Student
Reaction score
i recently obtained a USA cps2 A board and a Japan vampire savior 2 B board. This is my introduction to arcade hardware. I plan on getting a darksoft cps2 multi kit, but until then i should get i supergun and ill see if the vs2 board even works. If it does, ill put a battery mount on it and find a different B board thats dead. Hopefully the multi kit will be back in stock by then. if you have suggetions/questions lemme know. thanks

Welcome!

I'd reconsider the battery mount. Not really a good idea to use them to keep your board alive.

its better to solder? i saw it from this guide
http://tjaberg.com/cps2_battery/index.htm
Yeah. One of the old standards I suppose. Ask yourself this; how many times have your TV remotes stopped working until you spun the batteries inside? The same thing will happen to your pcb if you use a battery holder. By the time you catch it your pcb will be dead already. You are better off just replacing the battery with a leaded battery and solder it in yourself. It is a very easy to do solder project that even beginners can do.

i forgot to mention ill also probably end up having to use the undamned db15 usb decoders

alright. that actually sounds way better now. thanks a lot for the pointer.

Welcome, from a fellow San Diegan (actually an Escondidian). :)

Last edited:
Back