What's new
Is it possible to use PicoPSU's with these adaptors?

Is it possible to use PicoPSU's with these adaptors?
Sure can. The ATX pinout is standard.

But I think you have designs on consolizing a NAOMI, right? Probably would want to skip this because it would be unsightly if you connect the PicoPSU externally. You'd probably want to drill a hole in the NAOMI case for the PicoPSU's DC jack, make your own harness (or solder to the pins on the PicoPSU), then feed the voltages to where the JST VL connectors are soldered to the NAOMI's board. Keep all of this inside the NAOMI case and looking slick.

Anyhoo, this is probably a discussion for citris3000psi's thread.

Damn I’m having issues with 2 evga supplies, using mitsu’s older version, sometimes works then I turn off and back on and it won’t power up the Naomi. Somewhere I have a sun psu so I can dig around for that.

Edit: yes! Found the sun and it works great. This was my first time getting mitsus helper board and my jvs 1.5 board running and it works! I didn’t screw up any wiring. Next step pull the monitor on this blast to get 31hz working and it will be dedicated ikaruga for a long time.

Attachments

• 0AB95B4B-9EA3-4C28-BC70-0FEA5331BE9A.jpeg
    0AB95B4B-9EA3-4C28-BC70-0FEA5331BE9A.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 98029E35-F5BA-4A8F-9677-E11EDCB386A9.jpeg
    98029E35-F5BA-4A8F-9677-E11EDCB386A9.jpeg
    748.2 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Price is $25

This high-quality, hand-crimped adapter will allow you to power your entire Naomi setup including the main pcb, DIMM or NetDIMM, and GD-rom or CF Kit (with separate cable) using a standard PC ATX power supply. This adapter is wired by default to power on automatically when you power the ATX supply but there is an option available for leads to allow you to mount an external power button. This adapter runs a wire from EVERY SINGLE 5v, 12v. 3.3v and Ground connection on the 24-pin ATX connector for more robust voltage control to prevent starving the Naomi of the necessary power.

Adapter shown is wired for auto-power when ATX power button is flipped on

tDbTlkP.jpg
Are these still available?

I'm going to have to stop selling these for awhile soon. There is zero stock of any of the compatible pins anywhere. JST will not allow an order because the demand is too high. Expected restock in the usual suppliers such as Mouser and Digikey is 2023. My last ditch effort to secure more was a seller on Amazon but they just refunded my order because they were out as well.

If anyone else who is making these has a few hundred pins they would sell please let me know. Though I doubt anyone will neuter their own sales. The pins for the ATX side are getting scarce too but I was able to get another reel. Too bad they aren't worth much to my without the other pins for the JVS side...

I'm going to have to stop selling these for awhile soon. There is zero stock of any of the compatible pins anywhere. JST will not allow an order because the demand is too high. Expected restock in the usual suppliers such as Mouser and Digikey is 2023. My last ditch effort to secure more was a seller on Amazon but they just refunded my order because they were out as well.

If anyone else who is making these has a few hundred pins they would sell please let me know. Though I doubt anyone will neuter their own sales. The pins for the ATX side are getting scarce too but I was able to get another reel. Too bad they aren't worth much to my without the other pins for the JVS side...
lol so its bad timing I launched my tutorial on how to make them at home today then eh? Better hoard my remaining pins

Damn. Bad news. I hope things go back to usual anytime soon.

lol so its bad timing I launched my tutorial on how to make them at home today then eh? Better hoard my remaining pins
I've been trying to reorder for months but this is by far my most popular adapter I sell and parts have simply run out. I have a handful left and I'll save the last 40 or so pins I have for emergencies.

I scoured the net for any stock I could find and there just isn't any.

I've been trying to reorder for months but this is by far my most popular adapter I sell and parts have simply run out. I have a handful left and I'll save the last 40 or so pins I have for emergencies.

I scoured the net for any stock I could find and there just isn't any.
I have the same issue with Beast Busters: Second Nightmare conversions. Ive done two for people and I can't even get the pins...I have to buy pre crimped test leads and cut them for the projects.

I will treat my remaining JVS pins like gold lol

I have a set of guns and pcbs for that game in storage. Never used them myself.

...and I have "located" one of these. Perhaps in my future. How's that game anyway?

IMG_8567.jpg

Reactions: nem
Anyone have any recommendations for PSU along with these wires?

I had two cheaper 450W PSUs that USED to work fine with all this, but then I started to get super weird issues. Seems like when netdimm is present I get no video output, but if I disconnect netdimm I get video. This occurred for both Naomi and Chihiro.

When I plug them into Sun PSU they all boot fine. So I assume these 450W PSUs are not up to the task anymore (even though they used to work just fine).

I say stop messing around and use the sun psus for naomi. Atx gave me nothing but trouble. I got some suns and zero issues.

Anyone have any recommendations for PSU along with these wires?

I had two cheaper 450W PSUs that USED to work fine with all this, but then I started to get super weird issues. Seems like when netdimm is present I get no video output, but if I disconnect netdimm I get video. This occurred for both Naomi and Chihiro.

When I plug them into Sun PSU they all boot fine. So I assume these 450W PSUs are not up to the task anymore (even though they used to work just fine).

I agree with Geddon above, but the Sun PSUs are long oos and have gotten pretty expensive. The problem with newer PSUs is that they use a shared rail for 5v and 3.3v. Most of them are 5v at 20a... which means 100w between 5v and 3.3v and switch.

The Sun PSU is 5v at 12a and 3.3v at 10a - but operate with separate rails iirc. 93w total power without a shared rail.

My guess is that the issue is with your older PSUs and performance degradation due to current switching on the 1 rail and the constant power draw (since naomi is hangry). I think the solution is to buy a new PSU whether it be a new ATX, a sun, or getting a meanwell and create wiring.

Personally I'm lazy so I'm buying a new old stock psu from circa 2005 with 38a 5v and 33a at 3.3v. The difference is ATX PSUs from then had beefier 5v and 3.3v rails because CPUS of the time needed them. Everything now a days runs off of 12v. I'll let you know how it works out :)

Back