What's new
E

Euphoria

Hi :

I know it is a long shot, however is it possible at some stage to possibly; port or convert primal rage 2 based on the psx hardware over to this system?
I know 246 is still a fair way off being supported as the other systems ( in a multi type). I also know it is a poor game.
However that aside any input?

Regards
Euphoria
^^

Hi :

Thank you, I really cannot think how that is possible.
Will need to read that thread.

Regards
Euphoria
:?:

I would say Primal Rage 2 on Namco System 246 would be nearly impossible unless the original Playstation backwards compatibility mode could be activated on the ps2 main board that 246 uses. Otherwise the hardwares would simply be too different to convert.

I will keep an eye on that G-Net conversion thing as that seams like it may be the only way to run the game without emulation as the original prototype boards are crazy rare.

Until then, atleast there is Mame4Rage2. Playing it that way, I have found out its an ok prototype but nothing too amazing.

I really cannot think how that is possible.
Primal Rage 2 Used the Sony ZN hardware (PS1 based) with a unique Sub-board. G-Net also uses the Sony ZN hardware so the main board of a GNet is already the same as what is used on the real Primal Rage II PCBs.

System 246 is PS2 based... completely different platform.

Any clue how many Primal Rage II boards are known to exist?

There is an interesting topic on that here on the forum, can’t find it now on my phone.
But IIRC there are still 2 or 3 pcb’s in the wild...

Atari Scott on KLOV has 7 them in various states (some incomplete boards) http://www.atarigames.com/pr26boards.jpg. You can see there are differences in the boards since they're all prototypes in various stages. There are only 6 in the picture because his 7th is in a dedicated cab that he brings to CAX.

Doc Mac at Galloping Ghost has at least 1 (I think maybe 2). I believe their cab is a reproduction.

Shou has at least one board according to VAPS

I'm not sure of any others that exist.

The Guru has one, and since ver 0.36a is in MAME I'm assuming that's the version he has.

hi :

Can someone standardise rare for me :

Ultra rare
Very rare
Crazy rare
Extremely rare
Oh and very very / ultra ultra rare ?

Half of the terminology on some of the sell listings are a little interesting to say the least. ( on the internet ).
I would have thought limited to possibly 5 known in existence or something like this would have been nice.

Regards
Euphoria

Ultra rare
Very rare
Crazy rare
Extremely rare
Oh and very very / ultra ultra rare ?
There is no standard definition; it's all irrelevant since it's subject to opinion and context.

honestly you might as well ignore the word altogether.

We also have production numbers on very very few titles, so any objective grading is impossible.

Back