What's new
We need to add this with the parent set to use?

Ok. The section it's posted in had me hoping though I didn't think it was possible. lol.

I have finish it and i have see vertical white lines on the ending of the game.
For me it's good, all the game have no problem just the ending ^^.
Hope other guy look on it, and clear the ending :)

Last edited:
I have finish it and i have see vertical white lines on the ending of the game.
This is a typical problem due to a wrong layer mask (for instance unused bits set to 1).
The lines are only visible on a black background (which in fact corresponds to layers 4 & 5 being desactivated).
I had the exact same issue before due to mask values being wrong in MAME (e.g. 0x14 for the 3rd layer on B17 where it should be 0x10).
Moreover the problem isn't visible in MAME (inaccurate B chip emulation).

Hope this helps troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks for the information ^^
I use fba debug for the decryption, and the problem is the same to mame (isn't visible)

For sf2ce in b17 ;) , very difficult, but i'm on it ;)

For sf2ce in b17 ;) , very difficult, but i'm on it ;)
I've spent some more time on it to try to understand what's going wrong.
I've patched all the "multiply protections" and game still ran fine.
Then patched registers offsets and game still ran fine too.
So I guess it has something to do with the layer masks, and the fact it's not visible in MAME has to do with the inaccurate B chip emulation (plus the wrong bit mask used in MAME for B17).

I can confirm this decrypted set shows vertical lines on ending sequence:

@Mitsurugi-w has asked me if I could prepare a desuicide set for him as seemingly all desuicided romsets online contain bugs.

I've patched romset kodu (US version) for a standard B_21 chip (no battery):

http://www.filedropper.com/kodub21def

I haven't found anything special about this game, it was actually quite simple to patch compared to some other CPS1 games so I wonder why it caused so much trouble for other hackers. But maybe I'm missing something as I've only tested my work in MAME (Hydra's tail and Dragon's body are there, vertical lines at the end I can't tell as MAME doesn't emulate the B-chip accurately enough to be seen).
Anyway guys please let me know how it works for you.

I just tested Apocalypse's decrypted set for this game. It works 100%. All enemy parts appear as they should, enemies behave as they should, and no lines in the credits.

I'm happy and the customer I repaired this PCB for will be as well.

This is amazing. I've been searching for a 100% working desuicide fix for years!

Let us know how it works for you.

I just played through the game and it was excellent. The hydra and red dragon are fully displayed. Many thanks for making this available to the community! The only thing that I noticed, which could be nothing, is there was some graphical artifacts displayed upon bootup, during the romcheck sequence. The game itself didn't show any signs of corruption. Edit: I found some youtube videos of a pcb capture and that corruption on the scroll check screen seems to be normal: (
)!

My board had the world version on it previously and the US version seemed noticeably harder. This is a really great game and it's awesome to play it without those missing graphics. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back