What's new

bboycap

Student
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new here and nice to meet you guys :)

One question, does anyone know what the difference is between Live, Terminal and Satellite versions of Lindbergh silver?

I am planning to get one of those with VF5FS game installed, just don't know which one is better and easier to setup for me.

Any suggestion and idea will be appreciated!

Thank you

I believe the "Live" version is just for the "Live Monitor" which shows a spectator view of the fight. I don't know the hardware specs on this but it may be missing the JVS card since it should be a display only unit without any controls. "Terminal" is for the kiosk where you can manage your player card, again I don't know the specs on these but it may have lower specced hardware since I don't believe it shows any game graphics. Neither one of these will likely come with the playable VF5 game, but rather the specific Live and Terminal versions.

I believe the Satellite units are the actual game, but again you'll want to double check that all the cards are there and the GPU is the right one. This version might not be playable without being attached to the server unit, but it might be suitable for the multi if the JVS and audio cards are present and the GPU is the right version.

Thank you for reply, Twistedsymphony! I have been reading your replies in other threads on the forum which are very useful!

Please take a look the pictures I attached. they all look the same from the back side. Even Live version has the JVS output, so it's hard for me to pick which one to buy.

Also, based on your comment, if I don't go for the multi (I don't know how to do it yet) or attach the satellite version to the sever unit, I won't be able to play VF5FS by simply installing it to my cab like how we usually install other PCBs. Am i correct?

Sorry for one more question, I saw the card reader in the PCI slot on these silvers, do i need an all.net Card to activate the game?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• LIve_VFFS.jpg
    LIve_VFFS.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 391
  • Teminal_VF5FS.jpg
    Teminal_VF5FS.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 375
  • VF5FS_Satellite.jpg
    VF5FS_Satellite.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 310
that looks like it has the correct GPU and Audio and JVS cards:
index.php

I honestly don't know much about the requirements in a legit VF5 setup, so I can't tell you if it will run without a card reader or without the main server. Maybe someone else who has bought a legit VF5 could answer that. I can tell you that a unit that matches the image above will be suitable for installing a multi. They're very easy to install you simply replace the CF card, Hard Drive and security chip and then move a jumper. contact Mitsurugi-w if you want to buy one.

It seems 3 of them have all the needed components and are suitable for installing a multi. let me get one of them first. I will contact Mitsurugi-w when I want to buy one.

Thanks man!

I went the way of the multi. It was much cheaper to get a barebones Lindbergh and purchase the multi than to buy a legit VF5: FS. I ended up importing a lindbergh from Japan. I won it for around $160 usd and shipped it for about $140. When I was looking at the time VF5 FS went for around $500~700 when it popped up , which was rarely and that was pre shipping.The Lindbergh system pops up in waves on Yahoo Auction Japan. Sometimes there are a ton and sometimes I go month or two without seeing one. Depending on what type of cab or super gun you have, you will need a sega jvs to jamma converter.

Attachments

• 79F28C96-6A8F-4A8D-AD4B-E0230B5B4222.jpeg
    79F28C96-6A8F-4A8D-AD4B-E0230B5B4222.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 301
I went the way of the multi. It was much cheaper to get a barebones Lindbergh and purchase the multi than to buy a legit VF5: FS. I ended up importing a lindbergh from Japan. I won it for around $160 usd and shipped it for about $140. When I was looking at the time VF5 FS went for around $500~700 when it popped up , which was rarely and that was pre shipping.The Lindbergh system pops up in waves on Yahoo Auction Japan. Sometimes there are a ton and sometimes I go month or two without seeing one. Depending on what type of cab or super gun you have, you will need a sega jvs to jamma converter.
Thanks for suggestions. Actually, I just won the satellite version of VF5 on YAJ. Don't know it's going to work individually or not. I also bought a multi, both of them are on the way. no matter which one will work, i believe i will be able to play VF5 for sure. :P

I have NAC and BC cabs and plan to get a Lindbergh Universal soon. and I already got a JVS to JAMMA IO. so everything is all set :)

The multi will definitely get you going. If you need any help with the setup let me know. It’s pretty strait forward though. Just a heads up if you decide to clean the unit, don’t remove the heat sink cpu from the socket. It is glued to the processor and will pull the processor out when you attempt to remove it. It’s next to impossible to get the cpu back in the socket with the heat sink attached. I ended up having to replace my cpu because of this. I thought it would be a good idea to get a slightly faster processor. I was wrong. Some games in the multi launched and others did not. I eventually found the same model processor as the original and installed it. Everything worked perfectly after that. I also ended up replacing the case fans with much quieter version.

The multi will definitely get you going. If you need any help with the setup let me know. It’s pretty strait forward though. Just a heads up if you decide to clean the unit, don’t remove the heat sink cpu from the socket. It is glued to the processor and will pull the processor out when you attempt to remove it. It’s next to impossible to get the cpu back in the socket with the heat sink attached. I ended up having to replace my cpu because of this. I thought it would be a good idea to get a slightly faster processor. I was wrong. Some games in the multi launched and others did not. I eventually found the same model processor as the original and installed it. Everything worked perfectly after that. I also ended up replacing the case fans with much quieter version.
Thanks! Since I haven't received my Lindbergh and the multi yet, I don't know what kinds of the issues I will be facing for installation. I may ask you a lot of questions while setting up the system :P

Appreciated your heads up. I will definitely clean the unit, so I am going to pay attention on what you said to make sure I am not ruining it.

Back