What's new
if you could share the template or dimension for the plexi that would be great for those that want to print there own artwork :)
Please check the first post. You will find the attachment . I already uploaded it before ;)

Fightstick up and running...obviously Im a Guile fan. The custom PCB for the buttons made it super easy for a clean install. Was able to utilize the Brooks UFB and Retro Board combo with a 20 pin cable to connect it all. Uses the RJ45 so pretty universal. Cant stop staring at this...maybe its time to utilize it! Thank you @hursit

s1u8va.jpg

21ex7cm.jpg

Fightstick up and running...obviously Im a Guile fan. The custom PCB for the buttons made it super easy for a clean install. Was able to utilize the Brooks UFB and Retro Board combo with a 20 pin cable to connect it all. Uses the RJ45 so pretty universal. Cant stop staring at this...maybe its time to utilize it! Thank you @hursit

s1u8va.jpg

21ex7cm.jpg
Hello
it looks great ;)
I think I have to update my PCB for the Brook Retro board maybe right ?
I thought it is installing like this ?

combo.png

I’m excited about that retroboard, still have to do my homework though. @hursit what would it take to have a truly “universal” stick for retro and modern use?

Brooks UFB+Brooks Retroboard stack
Rj45 jack
USB jack

...is that it?? Are you considering making a new case that can accommodate the extra usb hole?

I absolutely love my two fight sticks I got from @hursit . I went with a Brooks fighting board so I could use it in pretty much any machine I plug it into .. PS4, Wii, PC, Xbox 360 .. anything! Then for the joysticks and buttons I went with Sanwa. I couldn't be happier!

JjXgxfel.jpg

VIYBFx7l.jpg

ag9FHBzl.jpg

I’m excited about that retroboard, still have to do my homework though. @hursit what would it take to have a truly “universal” stick for retro and modern use?

Brooks UFB+Brooks Retroboard stack
Rj45 jack
USB jack

...is that it?? Are you considering making a new case that can accommodate the extra usb hole?
Thank you sharing with me about this.
Actually im working a new design about arcade stick. I think it wont be near future but im considering all of the feedbacks.
I dont hav Retro Brook board yet but i ordered one already. I will consider every feedbacks ;)

s1u8va.jpg

21ex7cm.jpg
Helloit looks great ;)
I think I have to update my PCB for the Brook Retro board maybe right ?
I thought it is installing like this ?
I believe if you get the combo from Jasens, it’s configured like that.
I got mine from Arcade Shock and just needed to get the install kit that included a pcb board and cable to connect all.
A bit more cluttered but works.
Can’t wait to try it on my old skool consoles.

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone knows if brooks retro board supports db15 neo geo style plug for superguns? Is there a place to purchase the custom rj45 cables for the various consols? (Or a diagram to make my own)
Thanks

So finally had some time to work on my stick :)

- Ordered a 'Blanka' design from @hursit
- Fitted all Sanwa OBSF buttons
- Seimitsu LS33 stick with Sanwa balltop
- Brook Universal Fighting Board

Works great on PS4!

Attachments

• IMG_6557.jpg
    IMG_6557.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 335
So finally had some time to work on my stick :)

- Ordered a 'Blanka' design from @hursit
- Fitted all Sanwa OBSF buttons
- Seimitsu LS33 stick with Sanwa balltop
- Brook Universal Fighting Board

Works great on PS4!
looks great

f218OGQ_d.jpg

Am I missing some headers? Joystick, l3 r3 com, and mini board look unpopulated.

Looks like DuPont connectors, so I’ll probably just grab my iron and some spares I have lying around, just want to confirm

Last edited:
Yup missing the joystick header, scroll up a few posts for a pic

Thanks. I had some right angle DuPont pins and threw those on, it did the trick!

This looks like a great enclosure but I feel the lack of more button orifices is holding me back.

Besides start, select and home buttons; I need right click, left click, Turbo and turbo clear buttons. That 4 more holes needed. I don't suppose this is in future plans or could a one off be made?

Ideally, I'd like to pair it with a UFB and Retro Board.

This looks like a great enclosure but I feel the lack of more button orifices is holding me back.

Besides start, select and home buttons; I need right click, left click, Turbo and turbo clear buttons. That 4 more holes needed. I don't suppose this is in future plans or could a one off be made?

Ideally, I'd like to pair it with a UFB and Retro Board.
The new Arcade Stick is ready for all these options :)

i will release it in this week i hope ;)

Hello, does anyone knows if brooks retro board supports db15 neo geo style plug for superguns? Is there a place to purchase the custom rj45 cables for the various consols? (Or a diagram to make my own)
Thanks
If crimping your own RJ45 console cables, get the jacks that have pass-thru (as shown below). Many of the consoles will not use all 8 positions inside the jack. So when you have to skip positions and the jack you are using is the closed off type, it is damn near impossible to feather the wire to the proper position. This is solved with the pass-thru jacks where you can literally, shove one wire at a time into position. Then push the entire cable through once all wires are in the proper position.

If you have a lot of consoles you want to interface to and you already have RJ45 crimpers and a multimeter, making your own cables is a no brainer. Console extension cables are about $5 a pair. I find the cheaper ones are better for RJ45 termination being that they don't use shield grounded, rather there is always one wire dedicated for ground which in my experience is the black wire. This can vary of course.
639e7ce7-4429-4bf2-9a67-b3a97ec7cc51_1.329d0a9048d85b888d88ffacc1a4bb0b.jpeg

The new Arcade Stick is ready for all these options :)
i will release it in this week i hope ;)
Hey brutha, might be late to make this suggestion, but if you eliminate the China PCB header, replace it with a second 2x10 Multi-console header, and allow enough space for two PCB's to be installed at a time, you'll have a stick that is dual-modded ready to go. Instant leg up on the competition. I think the appeal of having a dual mod ready stick is far greater than having a stick compatible with the cheap Chinese PCB (I know you mentioned in your country it that might be different). But please consider it.

Also, you might not know this, but Arthrimus has made a PCB for the MC Cthulhu that has the same form factor as the PS360+, Brook Retro/Pi/PS4/UFB. No need to make special accommodations in TR Fight Stick for the MC Cthulhu any longer.

MC-Cthulhu-EZ-PCB-v1.0-1024x864.jpg

Better yet, leave the China PCB header in. Just add a second 2x10 MC header for dual modding.

Back