What's new

Malenko

Professional
Reaction score
Decided to color my cart, mostly because every time I touched the thing I had grey stuff on my fingers.

I cleared it, roughed the clear, couple layers of color, and a final layer of clear. Unfortunately I broke the fuggin SD card slot and had to send it off for repair. Prettiest paper weight on these forums though! :p

Attachments

• BaseShell.jpg
    BaseShell.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 388
  • coat of red.jpg
    coat of red.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 342
  • finishedshell.jpg
    finishedshell.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 450
  • close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 368
  • Cart In Place.jpg
    Cart In Place.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 326
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 356
Looks nice!

Is there a file for reprinting a new sticker? I am considering using a bootleg puzzle bobble I have with a clear case as a donor because a clear case would be cool :)

Looks nice!

Is there a file for reprinting a new sticker? I am considering using a bootleg puzzle bobble I have with a clear case as a donor because a clear case would be cool :)
There are quite a few sand-blasted clear cases out there that were sent with the multi. Completely random tho

Looks nice!

There are quite a few sand-blasted clear cases out there that were sent with the multi. Completely random tho
Never am I ever lucky :)

You can just peel the label off the multi and reapply it to the clear cart, but you will need to cut a new SD card hole.

I'm sure they can print you another, I'm also sure they could send you the file to have it reprinted?

I'm just posted to say I got my cart back from Mitsu and its all fixed up good as new, and he replaced the screw that was missing when I first got it, so better than new! Despite the cost and downtime, I don't regret painting it!

@Malenko: Wow, that color looks really great. I've seen some people do recolors before, but some of them end up having paint jobs that flake, or come off over time. I'm guessing all the coats you applied was to prevent that?

its all in the prep! You just have to go over the cart with like 320 grit to give the paint something to stick to. Do a quick first coat, let it dry for like 6 hours. Hit that with 400ish grit. Then do a final coat. If it doesn't look how you want, hit it with 400 or higher grit and paint again. When the cart looks how you want, finish with a clear coat. It locks the paint in, and adds some durability. @Mitsurugi-w got to see the cart first hand

You could also cheat and find a factory red shell :)

EDIT: Shock Troopers is the only factory red cart I've ever seen, but there may be others.

Last edited:
Back