What's new

djam69007

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a kit CPS2 multi SAVEYOURGAME.
But I encounter a problem.RAM ERROR.
My B-board is a revision 3, the KIT contained a PALG.
To know that for certain games I can access the setting but not more.
Thanks for your help.

Cordially.

Attachments

• multi cps2.png
    multi cps2.png
    441 KB · Views: 606
  • multi 3.png
    multi 3.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 499
  • multi 2.png
    multi 2.png
    372 KB · Views: 544
I don't think the ram error is kit related. Inspect the kit for damaged pins.

HI Mitsurugi-w,

Thank you for your answer, i will dismount the kit and look at the pins.
I will test then continuity.

Cordialy.

Hello,

I dismounted the kit, there were 4 pins broken on the biggest board. So I directly soldered wires to make contact.
I then erased EXC1 and EXC5 to properly erase the key.
Since I no longer have a graphic porridge but at the end of loading I have a screen:
SCR 1 RAM NG or a purple screen.
But I did short circuit EXC1 and EXC5 and for several minutes.
Can someone help me.
Thank you in advance.

I'm pretty sure the ram error is not kit related. Do you have another b board you can try?

hi Mitsurugi-W,

No, but I can buy one quite easily.
question it is better in taking an original PALG.

hi Mitsurugi-W,

No, but I can buy one quite easily.
question it is better in taking an original PALG.
What do you mean? Like is an original G pal better than the G pal you can buy with the kit? The answer to that is no. Is it better to by a B board with an original G pal? Only for ease of setup. Any B-board will work with the kit as long as it has both grey connectors at the top.

Hello,

Question on the connection board, I have no continuity between pins 3, it's normal ?? Pins 1 and 2 sound to the tester.
Same for the fourth.
To know that I made a test of continuity on all the pins.
and everything seems ok except at the connection board
Thank you in advance for your answer.
On the other hand return of the graphic porridge to the loading and always this message.
SCR 1 RAM NG.

Last edited:
Hello,

Someone can tell me if there is a continuity between the red pins in the photos. I have a continuity between green pins.
Thank you for your answers.

Cordially.

Attachments

• connexion board.jpg
    connexion board.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 502
Hello,

I bought a new B-board, but before I start I would like to know if anyone could answer my question.
To know if there should be a continuity between the red pins in the photos.
Thank you in advance for your answer.

Cordially.

It's basically a 1 to 1 connection,. See picture. Those 3 pins shouldnt have continuity on the tiny PCB at least. I'm not sure if there should be when inserted.

Attachments

• Interconnect_PCB.png
    Interconnect_PCB.png
    53 KB · Views: 457
Hello,

Thank you for the answer.
I ask the question, because the pins in green in the photos, I have a continuity that the pcb is inserted or not.

As you can see by the pic attached. Those pins are supposed to be N/C. if there is continuity between them can be the source of the problem. Can you check the solders and make sure they dont touch other pins?

You marked in red 2 pins one from top row and another from bottom row that shouldnt touch each other.

Attachments

• Interconnect_PCB_2.png
    Interconnect_PCB_2.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 454
Hello,

I come back to you because I received the A-board and B-board buy there is little to test my multi kit CPS2.
So A-board US B-board is a street alpha rev 4. Always the same problem. finally almost this time in addition to the ram error I have a pink screen. I'm a little sad because I did the editing with a friend who also has a kit. So the procedure has been respected. if anyone can help me because this adventure starts to cost me a lot. Attached are the pictures of the screens.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20180504_181353.jpg
    20180504_181353.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 20180504_181404.jpg
    20180504_181404.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 372
what happened with that interconnecting tiny pcb? Were the solders good or was there any bridge?

Your problem is clearly related to program roms not being executed properly. So either there is a problem with your A+B boards or with the program roms of the kit.

Can you verify the following:
* That your A+B Boards are properly connected together
* Did your A+B Board work properly before?
* Shortcut EXC5 again
* Make sure that the medium size PCB, the one sitting on program roms has all the pins and makes proper contact.
* Format the microSD again and copy all files with a drag+drop move.
* Try another microSD, preferably from SAMSUNG

@Mitsurugi-w any other suggestion?

ok, regarding the 2 A-board and B-board was tested before the set up of the kit. Regarding the 2nd A and B-board received this morning and tested. the B-board is mounted live without the hull on the A-board. the micro sd was buy with the saveyourgame kit, I even tested with another. I will retest continuity on the small pcb. And again shortcut EXC5.
Thank you for your answer.

Hi again

I tested all the pins of the kit, continuity ok.
My micro SD is a samsung 16G, buy with the kit the 2nd is a scandisk. format in FAT32, I use the pack of 2015 that of the doc.
Same result.

Back