What's new

kgctim

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

trying to figure out how to change the orientation of the display on my Macross game. the dip switch settings just rotate the display 180* and right now, it needs to be vertical. I thought I read that there was a way to change it, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to do this on either my Namco Excellacabinet or my cocktail, and I can't find any place on either Cab to make this kind of change. Any ideas?

I'm a total nOOb, so maybe use some layman terms HAHAH

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It's not a setting that can be changed in game. You have to rotate the actual monitor in your cabinet 90 degrees to display vertically oriented games.

The rotate setting on the dip switch is only there for convenience factor. In the event of plugging in the PCB and turning on a game only to find it's upside down, operators could flip the dipswitch instead of having to open up their cabs to flip the yoke connector on the monitor chassis.

It doesn't swap between hori/vert orientation, it just flips the image along the X axis. Similar to how 2-Player cocktail games will flip the image between player turns.

Back