What's new
First, thank you all for your answers.

@GameOver you have a mv1fs. Try lowering the power from 5.00V down to 4.7V that should fix all your problems.
As I am not using just MVS on this cab, I am not sure it is a good option(?).

@GameOver you have a mv1fs. Try lowering the power from 5.00V down to 4.7V that should fix all your problems.
Lowering the voltage after cutting the trace?????????
Regards.

Locutus73
+1

Attachments

• IMG_5890_Fotor.jpg
    IMG_5890_Fotor.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 316
@GameOver

You have:-
Mv1fs at 5volts ( with cart trace cut )
Official roll up pack!

Has it been updated since? Menu/firmware?
What are your mobo dips set at?
Any unibios? What settings AES/MVS etc?

If we can copy your setup 1/1 we can help.

@GameOver

Official roll up pack!

I think he already confirmed he has the latest 02-04-2018 pack which includes the latest menu update and all mobo dips are set to OFF.
Also I read that he uses a JAP BIOS

If this is the exact setup.. then it should work (it worked for me when I tested the same setup), so there should be some other variable here..

do you have a supergun setup to test if the controls works outside your cab?

Someone else had this same problem. I can't remember how he fixed it. I don't think it was the multi that was the problem though. I think it was his setup.

sorry if its ad dumb question, but have you tested with a multimeter if the trace is really cut?

Just to be 100% sure...
I guess that several blows of cutter is enough...
How can I test the trace with a multimeter? To be clear I am not a professional into electronic stuff, be pedagogue please :D .

If I have enough time I will test it on my Blast City, not so easy because I am working on the future game room and this cab is on hold.

To be clear I am not a professional into electronic stuff, be pedagogue please
no problem, i'm a chemist :D - on my multimeter the function i used has a symbol that looks like the wifi symbol on a computer - now when there is a connection between both probes it should beep.
Untitled-1.jpg
put the probes on the blue dots and if it beeps the line is still working

I lost controls as well in my setup when I used 6 in 1 and a jamma extension, the same setup worked when connected directly to the supergun.

It got it fixed temporary by lowering the voltage (before trace cut). Then eventually it got fixed when I switched the jamma extension to a better quality one (eventually I also did the trace cut mod).

I lost controls as well in my setup when I used 6 in 1 and a jamma extension, the same setup worked when connected directly to the supergun.

It got it fixed temporary by lowering the voltage (before trace cut). Then eventually it got fixed when I switched the jamma extension to a better quality one (eventually I also did the trace cut mod).
To be clear: I do not have controls JUST on FF3 and Garou. I do not have tested all games by lack of time but 50 at least works 100%!

Greetings,

I have been having a blast on my cpsII multi set up for many months now. Only just this last week was I able to unite my MV1F with my multi. Only to find and active thread on activities involving this arcade project.

I run my motherboard into a board master super gun (RGB's sadly never made it through customs ): its voltmeter is still reading 5.27ish even after I cut my R193 trace (will check with multi meter at next convenience). cpsII multi reads 5.12ish.

I have yet to do anything with the latests firmware or placed the SD into the mini, because I thought it best to solve this power issue first. Is this where I went wrong?

Are there recommended mobo dip sets?

Clear steps on how to best proceed/troubleshoot would be garnish appreciation beyond detail.

@GameOver

Official roll up pack!

What do you mean that the meter is stil measuring 5.27?

To cut the trace is not going to reduce the voltage the MoBo sees.. For that you need to turn down the voltage in the PSU.

5.27 doesn't sound like a comfortable voltage in any case.. I would turn it down to 5.0x maximum...

To be clear I am not a professional into electronic stuff, be pedagogue please
no problem, i'm a chemist :D - on my multimeter the function i used has a symbol that looks like the wifi symbol on a computer - now when there is a connection between both probes it should beep.Untitled-1.jpg
put the probes on the blue dots and if it beeps the line is still working
I can test it even if the card ins't powered?
I can't test it if it need power due to accessibility.
Thank you.

Back