What's new
@GameOver you have a mv1fs. Try lowering the power from 5.00V down to 4.7V that should fix all your problems.
So, I tested the card on another cab, a Blast City (jamma 5,00V).
Same problem of controls on Garou and FF3. Same problem of boot on Pulstar.
So I decided to lower the voltage to 4,7 on this cab but still, same errors.

To remember:
MVH MV1FS
Bios Jap
No dip switch enabled
Trace R193 cutted

@GameOver you have a mv1fs. Try lowering the power from 5.00V down to 4.7V that should fix all your problems.
So, I tested the card on another cab, a Blast City (jamma 5,00V).Same problem of controls on Garou and FF3. Same problem of boot on Pulstar.
So I decided to lower the voltage to 4,7 on this cab but still, same errors.

To remember:
MVH MV1FS
Bios Jap
No dip switch enabled
Trace R193 cutted
I posted on another thread but I ask it also here: Are you sure that you have the latest version of the menu and the firmware?

What do you mean that the meter is stil measuring 5.27?

To cut the trace is not going to reduce the voltage the MoBo sees.. For that you need to turn down the voltage in the PSU.

5.27 doesn't sound like a comfortable voltage in any case.. I would turn it down to 5.0x maximum...
I do not think I can control the voltage on the board master supergun? The cpsII doesnt have issue?

Before even trying an SD card I got it to boot to a "please wait screen" after trying a boot with a brand new freshly formatted sd loaded with the base rom pack and firmware update it went through some garbled screens then landed on this one.

any ideas?

Thanks everyone such good people around here.

Attachments

• IMG_8953.JPG
    IMG_8953.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_8954.JPG
    IMG_8954.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Every pcb uses different power so any supergun has to have voltage adjustment to be a usable design. 5.27 is way too high and probably causing all your issues.

To cut the trace is not going to reduce the voltage the MoBo sees.. For that you need to turn down the voltage in the PSU.

5.27 doesn't sound like a comfortable voltage in any case.. I would turn it down to 5.0x maximum...
You are most def right I can control it. I just tested at 5.09 5.00 and 4.75 all still boot to the same grid screen. Should I try reformatting and extracting again? I am not sure if its my mobo or the multi. I do not own any other MVS boards. A trusted individual sold me this mobo about 2 years ago and said it worked then.

Seems like your motherboard doesn't recognize the cart. Dirty pins on the motherboard side? Did you try reseating it a few times and pushing it in rather firmly?

I've tried resetting the cart multiple times still has green and garbled images for a few seconds then ends up on the grid. I also checked for continuity the appropriate trace has been cut and is not continuous. I guess try and set the SD card up again.

EDIT: reformatted and extracted base pack and firmware update. No change in result.

Last edited:

I do not think I can control the voltage on the board master supergun? The cpsII doesnt have issue?
If you flip the top on the boardmaster there should be a pot on the power suppy inside for adjusting the 5V line if you need to.

If you flip the top on the boardmaster there should be a pot on the power suppy inside for adjusting the 5V line if you need to.
yep I found it and made the adjustment, I am still just getting this grid screen.

Do you have any other games to confirm the motherboard is fine? You can turn it on without a cart, also.

Try booting without a cartridge, and flip dip 1 to some hardware tests. There's also a neo geo diagnostic bios (I think this is it, haven't used it myself actually http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/neo/diag/)

It would be good to at least make sure the motherboard is working.

Yeah the multi should still boot even without a SD card. You would get an error at the menu screen. It's not detecting the cart now.

Is there a chance that my mother board got fried?

It is the same result with no cart. I do not have any thing else to test with. I can not even get back to the please wait screen before I first tried anything.

If it's still showing the test pattern it's not "fried" really. Did you flip the hardware dip to get to the built in test menus? I think it's dip 1.

If it's still showing the test pattern it's not "fried" really. Did you flip the hardware dip to get to the built in test menus? I think it's dip 1.
I tried flipping dip 1, then realized I made another critical error. My supergun's test switch appears to have been on this entire time as well. I hope my equipment can survive this abuse. I am re doing my SD card again. I'll report after it finishes with results of nexts tests. Thanks for everything so far friends.

EDIT: the test switch being on on the supergun doesnt seem to be making a difference. Still just booting to this grid pattern.

Last edited:
Can you cycle through to other screens with button 1 while it is in test mode?

I always get the test grid when updating menu/firmware on 1st boot and let it sit for a minute or so, then it works after a reboot.

Can you cycle through to other screens with button 1 while it is in test mode?

I always get the test grid when updating menu/firmware on 1st boot and let it sit for a minute or so, then it works after a reboot.
PascalP, yes I can cycle through with button 1. I let it sit in test mode for minutes 7:30 seconds, then turned it off for 1 minute, flipped supergun test switch to off. Powered back on to test screen.

What if you cycle to the ‘clear backup ram’ page, press A+B+C to clear it and power cycle then?

I tried that and I am still only getting the test menu.

All the I/O seems to be functioning.

I don't know if you already answered it...But does your MoBo work with an original cart?

Back