What's new
If you'd like I could make you an image to rule things out. Are you using a 16GB card?
A 16 GB card, yes. Thank you, I will see where to put the firmware if this is the problem.
Okay give me some time. Will be downloading SM's latest pack (didn't have that one yet), but the download is tediously slow (+-2 hours). Will include the latest menu + firmware in the image as well. Will be pulling an image of the SD card, then test it in my 1F and 1FZ, then upload the image for you if both tests were successful. I don't have the best upload speed, so that will take some time as well. Any tips for sharing a big file like this, wetransfer?

Wetransfer is perfect for this king of stuff! Don't worry, take your time.

Is it worth starting a torrent? It removes the issue of finding a host happy to host such a large file and speed is then determined by how many members are hosting the file.

It does mean that it would have to be monitored to make sure that it doesn't completely die off, but it solves the other problems.

If you'd like I could make you an image to rule things out. Are you using a 16GB card?
A 16 GB card, yes. Thank you, I will see where to put the firmware if this is the problem.
Okay give me some time. Will be downloading SM's latest pack (didn't have that one yet), but the download is tediously slow (+-2 hours). Will include the latest menu + firmware in the image as well. Will be pulling an image of the SD card, then test it in my 1F and 1FZ, then upload the image for you if both tests were successful. I don't have the best upload speed, so that will take some time as well. Any tips for sharing a big file like this, wetransfer?
there is also a 'mirror' link to mega.nz in SM's post, that only take a few minutes ;)

Too late @PascalP ;)

Okay, so I have formatted my SD card using sdformatter and started fresh.

My steps:

- Download SM's latest pack
- Download DS' latest menu and firmware
- Extracted everything locally and put the menu and firmware in there
- Put everything on the SD card
- Made an image file
- Tested the SD card in the 1FZ and tested everything, update files dissapear from the update folder (both menu and firmware)
- Tested the 3 games specifically (FF3, Garou and Pulstar), all play fine
- Formatted the SD card once again with sd formatter and wrote the image back to it which I've just made (takes approx. 20 minutes, just FYI)
- Again tested the SD card, this time in my 1F which is the same as your 1FS @GameOver, I also cut the trace
- Tested the same 3 games which were giving you issues, also work fine on the 1F

Next step is rarring the image (currently being done) which should compress the 16GB image file nicely hopefully, then I will upload it for you to try.

To be continued...

Let's get some more people testing this and if it turns good, we should probably open a new pin dedicated for the image or just merge it with @SmokeMonster

Sorry I do not had time to answer until now.
So, I formated the Sandisk microSD card on a PC and put the image you done on it, exactly the same issues with some games: ASOII, Garou, Pulstar (FF3 is ok). Logical in a sense, because I already use the new menu before.
Today I buy another card, a Samsung this time, and it is really better, ASOII and Pulstar are working fine! I tried some games randomly and it's ok. BUT still the same problem with Garou, wrong controls.

@Sp33dFr34k, thank you again for your time.
@Darksoft, only one game with an issue, Garou? Sorry but I don't know what I can do better.

No problem. So you are using the MV1-FS, what does the 5v read at the jamma edge? I typically run it slightly above 5v, sth like 5.05v which is also how I tested it on my 1F and 1FZ. Can you describe the "wrong controls" issue again in more detail? Do we have another 1FS user who can test, preferrably with the same image?

Did you try clearing the backup ram in the test menu? Hold buttons A B and C for a couple of seconds when it tells you to.

I had this control problem in garou, solved it with nvram clear and delete buff file AFAIR

issue:

When I move up and down the menu, I get a line of static across the screen.
This only happens when menu animation is turned off.

system:

motherboard: MV1-FZ
bios: universebios 3.2
sd card: 16 GB Sandisk
psu: arcade, 5V 12A
setup: has 3.1, framemeister

troubleshooting:

Updated FW and MENU, both disappeared from \update folder.

Cut the trace. Verified with a multimeter.

Formatted the card with: SD Formatter 5.0 and copied: Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02.7z to it.
Before copying the files I extracted them to my hard disk.

Deleted \update\menu from the SD card

First time I powered on I got:

File system not ready.

Then:

error no games found on the card.

I removed the SD card, deleted the BUF file and tried again.

This time it worked and I got into the menu again, still the line of static.

wishes:

Please can we have a setting in the menu which removes all the animations and fade-in effects. Something a lot responsive maybe like the Everdrive ?
All I want is a list of games and then I want to press a button to start it.

@rtw when you are navigating the game list, press 1P and you'll instant load that game into slot 1.

About the animations there is an option to switch them off. Let.me.know if you can't find.it.

@Darksoft he did that but he says he's getting the line of static with the animations turned off. I've noticed the same thing from the beginning @rtw and also with @PascalP s cart. I didn't find it annoying at the time as I was having more serious issues, but would be nice to not see them indeed.

That being said, if it's not yet on the buglist, can you add it @Darksoft?

Back