What's new
Sounds like a faulty motherboard, does an original cart work okay?

The 1FZ sound problem could be due to faulty caps, tried replacing them?

he hast the 1ft mobo and we use it in a NAC. tested in mine and his NAC . mine has about 5v.

Which value exactly should it have?

also he hast Sound Errors in some games...KOF 98 for example (crashing crancky Sound)

i have a 1FZ but it has a constant Sound (like a silent beep tone) you can hear more when there is no Sound in game or in the menu.
sound errors in only some games? sounds like dirty cart contacts, you tried giving them a clean with a rubber?

Sounds like a faulty motherboard, does an original cart work okay?

The 1FZ sound problem could be due to faulty caps, tried replacing them?
visually they look good but i will try to replace them. does anybody know which ones are related to the Sound part?

he hast the 1ft mobo and we use it in a NAC. tested in mine and his NAC . mine has about 5v.

Which value exactly should it have?

also he hast Sound Errors in some games...KOF 98 for example (crashing crancky Sound)

i have a 1FZ but it has a constant Sound (like a silent beep tone) you can hear more when there is no Sound in game or in the menu.
sound errors in only some games? sounds like dirty cart contacts, you tried giving them a clean with a rubber?
have not tried to clean but i think the Multi cart has clean contacts. These Sound bugs do not appear with my mobo. i only have this constant Background distortion sound.

visually they look good but i will try to replace them. does anybody know which ones are related to the Sound part?
have not tried to clean but i think the Multi cart has clean contacts. These Sound bugs do not appear with my mobo. i only have this constant Background distortion sound.
oh ffs i'm not with it this week at all, when you are talking about some games you are referring to different games when using the multi not physically different games >< disregard what I said I thought it was a particular cart issue.

@hardyhell bottom left, with lots of hot glue on top (if i remember correctly the audiosection is even marked on the pcb

Be careful though, the markings on the pcb for positive ande negative side is counter intuitive - the positive is marked with the dot, normally it's the other way round.

I realized it the hard way and had to completely redo two boards.

edit: and little hint - isopropylalcohol is the best to get hot glue off :D

Last edited:
Just to confirm. to cut a trace I use something like an exacto knife? I finally had time to test my cart but it looks to be rebooting over and over on both 1fs boards I have. I might be able to adjust voltage in this neo candy cab.

Exacto knife is good, it needs to be very sharp and very precise so you don't cut anything you shouldn't

Hi,
I just ordered the DS MultiMVS card (not delivred yet :) ) and i have read that peoples having the MV1F slot may face some power glitch...then solution consist to cut a pecific trace in the cardridge!

problem: i have this slot (MV-1F) ! :S

still is the only solution right now or no need to do this ? because i'm not sure to be able to do it :)

Thnaks a lot

@Darksoft correct me if im wrong,I think all the new DS MultiMVS batch have the fix already done.

So you should be ok with your cartridge.

Of course! that only applies to the 1st batch that was release 1.5 years ago.

Back