What's new
This could be bring a lot of libraries usually unplayable to be feasible with this. I am definitely curious to see where this goes :)

Hello.
I own Time Crisis 2, Crisis Zone, and Idol Master (touch panel), and would like to try this project for these.

When I connected RPi3B + to NAOMI in the test, it was not recognized as IO, so I will now consider the cause.
First of all, I would like to confirm. Which is the connection for JVS-since?
12th pin of GPIO (GPIO18)
32nd pin of GPIO (GPIO12)

Thank you.

Hello @UYO

Please post your question to: https://discord.gg/aJAR9N2 - I'd like to get all the questions/answers in one central place where we can all chat!

I've setup a discord forum where questions about OpenJVS can be discussed, so anyone should feel free to join it.

It should be GPIO12 on the 32nd pin I beleive - but worth trying both if you can.

Edit the file at /etc/openjvs/global_config and set DEBUG_MODE to 1 and send a picture of the debug output you get on the discord channel.

Update:

Hello all - just thought I'd post an update. Development on OpenJVS is going well, we've now got 2 devs and a tonne of testers who I'm very greateful for!

At the moment we've confirmed working with Naomi, Naomi 2, Chihiro, Lindbergh, Taito Type X (last release broke this though, so unsure now), Namco System 256. Currently working on implementing all of the Namco commands to emulate the Namco IOs properly (Time Crisis 2, all Triforce Games etc.)

The new project page is: https://github.com/openjvs/openjvs

We've got a nice discord chat going, if anyones got any questions to keep them off of this massive thread: discord.gg/aJAR9N2

Another big push at the moment is getting map files ready, the new mapping structure is far easier to understand and read - we support most of the usual controllers PS4 / XBox / Logitech G25 / Microsoft Side Winder / Wii Remote (1 player light gun games at the moment) and a lot of the games, but our aim is to have a mapping for every game on the Naomi, Naomi 2, Chihiro and Lindbergh first!

Heres a sneaky vid of what one of the users has been able to do with OpenJVS by adding custom code to play Idol Master: https://twitter.com/lsylsy2/status/1271135294662705152

Custom Board - I would really now like to make a custom raspberry pi hat which will have the RS485 converter, sense line circuit etc. on one simple board that people can just plug onto their Pi. I'm thinking that using the onboard RS232 the pi has might make this work with raspberry pi 1s which are cheaper. If anyone is interested in helping with making the boards, I'd be really interested to have someone help me design them.
Hello, I felt like having a go at designing the Raspberry Pi HAT. It was my first time making an organized schematic and also using 3D modeling so it was a good learning experience! ^^

I included the schematic, Gerber and EAGLE project files in the zip. I understand that it's useless for now but maybe someday it can come in handy! :thumbup:

https://gofile.io/d/NiMudZ

3D-Small.png

@samplehunters That's awesome - thank you so much! A little python script to control the screen + netbooting + starting OpenJVS in the right game config with some game controllers, and we've got a fully consolised setup there!

Yeah you wouldn't need that blue screw header, so you could remove it.

good makes it better to make a case. was thinking of a plexy top with butons and a usb cutout

The new transistor avoids drain on the sense line.

So who is going to build this ? I would like one :)

Curious what R1 and R2 are, the BOM says: Adafruit 0207/9 ? Value is empty.

Curious what R1 and R2 are, the BOM says: Adafruit 0207/9 ? Value is empty.
I don't know, I just saw the diagram in the JVS pdf and thought I would include the component footprints just in case. ^^
sense.jpg
This is is the diagram I followed for my sense line implementation in MEGA JVS, and it has always worked. IIRC, I use a 10k ohm resistor, to sink the transistor.

1OK in serie with the base and 56K from base to GND should work just fine. The 56K prevents the transistor from conducting due to noise and rest voltage, even when the io pin is low. Be aware that the transistor will invert the sense. If the gpio is high, the sense will be pulled low and the other way around.

OpenJVS works with Time Crisis 2, probably one of the first machines to ever use JVS!

The video above is a little 7 minute clip of the last stage of Time Crisis 2 played with a Wii Remote + Sensor Bar (which is the thing you can see in the middle of the screen). The accuracy of the wii remote isn't amazing, and is compounded by the fact that the IR LEDs in the sensor bar are getting tired as it's got low battery - something like an AimTrak might be better!

Hi, What value are you using for the resistors on that hat? I just ordered some PCBs on pcbway, I want to try building one, I'll be using a RPi 3B+

Back