What's new
In the picture, the board with the X marked on it looks like it is warped a little, is it flat or bowing?

If it has a bend to it, the issue could also be a chance that the surface mounted chip under the tape has a couple of legs lifted off the board. You could check that as well.

Thanks for suggestion. I think picture just makes it look that way. I went through with multimeter and magnifying glass anyway though and all seem like good connections.

In the picture, the board with the X marked on it looks like it is warped a little, is it flat or bowing?

If it has a bend to it, the issue could also be a chance that the surface mounted chip under the tape has a couple of legs lifted off the board. You could check that as well.
The surface mounted device on ROM board has nothing to do with sound, it perform graphics functions only.

The surface mounted device on ROM board has nothing to do with sound, it perform graphics functions only.
Well then, there you have it. Hopefully it gets figured out none the less.

Thanks for suggestion. I think picture just makes it look that way. I went through with multimeter and magnifying glass anyway though and all seem like good connections.
No worries. I have 3 M92 boards myself, Hook, Mystic Riders, and Cross Blades but Ive honestly never had any issues with any of them so just throwing ideas out there that Ive had repairing other boards.
Ive especially worked on sound issues with konami chips with leaking caps or solder joints breaking free from bending and burned out capcom cps1 amps, components being knocked off or traces scratched.
Sorry I couldnt help much here but hope you get it figured out soon

Back