What's new
It's the same as sonic afaik, I have the kit to swap the rom board and security chip. just never used it. maybe I'm wrong :/

the rom board in the golden tees, isnt needed? right i can just desolder it and toss it right in the chipper?

the rom board in the golden tees, isnt needed? right i can just desolder it and toss it right in the chipper?
I guess. But since there is no need to throw it away either, I'd just keep it inside.

doing another project with this golf tee trackball. just trying to figure all the needed connections to repurpose thanks for the nice idea.

Hi :

I have a multi, would be interested in a trade outrunners is the pcb.
Someone want to swap battletoads? Or killer instinct pcb mabey?

Regards
Euphoria

You have a multi for what?

Hi :

Yes confirming this. As I have a spare outrunners. I thought I may try to make a sonic out of this possibly at some point. Well I can’t find a comms module to hookup 2 outrunners pcb so hmmm.

Regards
Euphoria

Hi :

I see what you mean with the confusion lol.
Just reading so I gather we will have trouble finding the three main chips to create the I/o needed.
Well that’s a bummer, just ordered two pcb’s.

:rolleyes:

Hi :

Sega System 32 trackball i/o project manufacture declaring support and possible funds.

Regards
Euphoria

Hi :

Found a possible source. Get back to you on the nec d4701ac.
Will order an initial sample to test.

Regards
Euphoria

A bit of update on this project since my last post:

1) I got almost full artset:

artset_complet.jpg

2) I've had a plexy cover made for my board

Plexy1.jpg

3) I've got my hands on an Aero City trackball panel, that I installed in a Vega 9000DX Supergun case.
panel_neuf.jpg

4) I have been working to make some kind of CPO for my mini-trackball controllers:

trackball_aero.jpg

trackball_swing.jpg

trackball_sonic.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Now that you have the panel, any chance you want to sell the converted trackball package?

Awesome! Now that you have the panel, any chance you want to sell the converted trackball package?
Well, I definitly could, as I no longer use them; but I'm not sure you'd make a good deal. I'm in France and you'd pay quite a lot in shipping for these. And the funny thing is that I had to import the trackballs from the US because they are much easier to find there. And they are very easy to hack yourself. ;)

Also, keep in mind that it's definitly not arcade hardware. The rollers are not mounted on bearings so the ball stops spinning at the moment you stop touching it. Moreover, due to the size of the rollers and the encoding wheels, these are 3 times more responsive than actual Sega trackballs, so the gameplay is different. It's easier to run at full speed; but harder to walk at low speed. It's totally playable though, I have cleared the game several times with these.
trackball_compare_mini.jpg

And, my mini trackball controllers only work when plugged to this homemade adapter.
adapt_jamma_fini.jpg

And the adapter would only plug on a System 16 IO board, and not the Sega System 32 IO (it would require more cable length). And of course I do not sell my IO board.

PM me if you are still interrested. ;)

I'm I'm gonna try my hand at a mame conversion.
Just ordered that same trackball off ebay.

Back