What's new
I think I've found the source of the topic.

Need a hand with SuperGun video attenuation circuit

I'm using 1K pots wired as a voltage divider, going to 75R resistors and 220uF capacitors in the video cable. RGB seems to recommend this in conjunction with a THS7314. I have those on hand so will experiment.

Well I've incorporated the THS into my PCB design. Now video is buffered. Will need to order and test the PCBs and see how we go.

Interesting to see what effect it will have on composite and s-video.

Really excited to being a quality sgun to the Australian market at a great price.

So I got my Progamer supergun up and running. Using a Sun JVS Naomi psu to power the naomi and supergun, using undamned USB decoders. I Guess I was a fortunate one. After see what happened here, I was very nervous!

Glad it worked for you! I'll be hucking mine the second I get a HAS (a while I bet). Working or not, I wouldn't trust a rare board with this.

Did you get screw post usb decoders, or controller port ones? They use a weird mapping so you might double check that.

Yeah I got the wired decoders. Undamned warned me beforehand about the neogeo ports which really sucks cuz it would have made for a cleaner setup.

Yeha whenever I get the HAS, which could be 6+ months from now. It will replace this board for sure. But mine functions ok so far, so I may keep it around for other projects.

I wish I read this thread before I got my undamned DB15 decoders and RetroElectronik Supergun.

Ah well, I have my HAS on the way and I should be golden with that!

Damn, I'm another one who fell for the retrcoelectronik progamer. I didn't use it so far , so what can I do to check if it's okay?

Check where the connections on the DB15 controller ports go and then either fix them or not use them?
Is there anything else that's wrong with these superguns?

I have one and it seems fine so far. It’s in a big ass pc case with a jamma 2 way and umk3 and mk2. Those are the only mk games I care about so it seemed like a cool project. I don’t think I would do that again though. I learned a lot figuring out how to shove all that shit into a case and get it working though.

My other supergun is a hand wired job by neotropolis. I wouldn’t recommend it. I ended up modifying it and plan to modify it some more. HAS is probably the way to go now. From what I’ve heard the windy city gaming supergun is pretty good if you want something premade in a box. No solution is perfect I’ve found. It kind of depends on the games you want to run and your particular setup.

I have a windy city supergun that I'm looking to sell.

I already have a HAS and the RetroElectronik product. I recently won an eBay auction for a full Darksoft CPS3 set-up and it included the supergun. I feed all my video through an OSSC. The Windy City Supergun needs the DIN-8 to SCART cable for it to work on my OSSC. I don't need another supergun. Just want to sell it and recoup some of my costs.

Back