What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
I have one of those Retroelectronik gamer supergun units sold in the UK and for whatever reason, I don’t get audio when the jamma harness is connected on my test bench, but do when I plug the pcb directly into the supergun. I have tried 2 different harnesses with the same result. The harnesses are wired fine, so I am confused. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

You might need to check the wiring on the extension harness then. Check the pinouts, make sure they go to the right place. It could be wired wrong.

Yeah, I checked that already. I have 2 different extender harnesses which are different from each other, and I get the same results with both.

So...

Pcb -> supergun = audio

Pcb -> harness -> supergun = no audio?

Yes- I know it seems strange and you would instantly think it was the harness. . .

Yes, I do instantly think that it's the harness! Or that you're not getting a solid connection at one of the joins.

Are they the usual Chinese jamma looms? I don't trust those edge connectors, or the solder

Are they the usual Chinese jamma looms? I don't trust those edge connectors, or the solder
I can vouch for those chinese looms. I've had to resolder way to many wires on those cheap ass things. Also the wire gauges on those are a joke.

Yes, it seems like everyone I saw was a chinese one. That's actually why I had bought a second one thinking something may be up with the wiring, etc. Ended up getting a second one, also made in china. I'll take another look at the loom. . . isn't there something funky with MVS units and audio on straight jamma too?

I don't have experience with MVS, but I do know that it is not exact jamma standard. I just do not know what

Thanks- seems I have narrowed it down to those damn chinese extenders. Now I am getting a color shift on screen when I move around the harness.

MVS 1 slot is standard Jamma, the multi slots are slighty different (Stereo audio and different pin for service switch)

PascalP, ah good to know about the 1 slot, as that was what I was planning to get. For the multi slots, there are simple jamma adapters to make it compatible tho right?

Yes, it seems like everyone I saw was a chinese one. That's actually why I had bought a second one thinking something may be up with the wiring, etc. Ended up getting a second one, also made in china. I'll take another look at the loom. . . isn't there something funky with MVS units and audio on straight jamma too?
If a supergun is built correctly, it has no problem working with both MVS and JAMMA audio. Do yourself a favor and get an HAS supergun from our boy RGB here on this very forum. Absolute best value supergun on the market. The guy who makes these Retroelectronik superguns has copied both mine and RGB's products, go figure that he can't get them right.

Back