What's new

processedmeat

Beginner
Reaction score
Not sure what these are really called but its that key that plugs into the jamma harness to prevent you from plugging in your jamma pcb the wrong way and frying it. This would be one of those items that would be perfect for 3D printing since you just whip it up when you need one. Anybody have a file for this? I can 3D model one but I don't have a real one to start with.

They call it a "key". I would think it would need to be slightly different depending on the specific JAMMA edge.

I think the last time I needed one I literally just shoved a piece of unused printer filament in the connector.

I did design one specifically for the Namco/Tekken kick harness since they have a somewhat different design: 3D Printed Tekken (Namco System 12) Kick harness connector key.

All of my cabs have Hirose connectors, so here are the specs for the Hirose key (aka G-pin):

Width is 2.00mm except for the feet which are 2.60mm.

I really need to learn how to do 3D models...

Attachments

• hirose_g_pin_1.jpg
    hirose_g_pin_1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 150
  • hirose_g_pin_2.jpg
    hirose_g_pin_2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 138
  • hirose_g_pin.png
    hirose_g_pin.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 121
I did buy that key some time ago, but it didn’t fit my connector.
But I don’t recall if that was because my connector still had the connectors pins installed or if they were removed.
Was it the correct way?

I remember pulling a jumper from an old motherboard which was a perfect fit...

Yeah I'd like a few of these as well. All my connectors are missing them.

I have a few sizes of jamma keys, bought from digikey and tested on a few different connectors (hirose, Sullins mostly) and I’ve found that if it sticks out like that i don’t consider it a fit. Too easy to knock out. The real fits are flush with the edge of the jamma connector. Maybe that’s just my preference?

I bet that key fits a hirose flush though

The edge connector has a tight grip on it, it's not going to be knocked out.

Works for me, printing a large batch of them now.

I bought these for an EDAC brand connector for the Minigun project. They fit the Hirose edge connector perfectly as shown below:

CardKey.jpg

US Happ edge connector are a different story as the pins are pulled from that position and requires a different key. Still trying to find a good source for those.

That's the Sullins connector in the picture. With other connectors it does push in further.

@Frank_fjs that’s the original file print he updated it with the cutout on the foot, but it should fit the same

Thanks, missed the updated file initially.

Fits like a glove, perfect.
67152001_10217788918287702_677598337246953472_n.jpg

Back