What's new

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
So this is a little bit of everything. Its a full cabinet restore of a 2nd or 3rd generation Capcom Big Blue. It came with a Namco System 246 with Tekken 4 but the cab was kind of beat up and needed allot of work. I originally wanted to get a CPS2 multi and put it in there but my wallet screamed NOOOOOOOOOO. So I took an old PC and built out a HyperSpin set up of nothing but Capcom games. I am still tweaking with some of the set up but you get the just of what I am trying to accomplish.

I plan on getting a bezel made and getting some die-cut Capcom decals for the sides. I do have a back door with a lock in it but I removed it for the pictures.

It actually uses the Capcom Speakers that came in the cab originally. I would have loved to use a QSound Capcom amp but I could not source one for a reasonable price so I used a Sega one. It actually sounds incredible.

CkanwiFh.jpg

The front .. Check out the custom made marquee :)

HAFKfHfh.jpg

The Back view..

vrwq10nh.jpg

Here is a video demo for it

Sweet, sweet, sweet work brutha. I have the same cab and it was damaged similarly. That top shelf being made of laminated particle board didn't do owners any favors. I am going to do the same repair but with plywood. Will post here once done.

Nice work!

Beautiful cab!

Does that Sega Amp also take 13.5V? I would love to have a readout of the transformer's output from a voltmeter. Q-Sound amps are getting expensive and the Sega amps are a lot easier to find. It looks like they share a definite design lineage.

Beautiful cab!

Does that Sega Amp also take 13.5V? I would love to have a readout of the transformer's output from a voltmeter. Q-Sound amps are getting expensive and the Sega amps are a lot easier to find. It looks like they share a definite design lineage.
Recently looked into this, looks like the transformer in a Sega cap outputs 17V, but not sure is AC or DC;
Input Voltage question for Naomi Amp

Back