What's new
Welcome! and thanks for nice words.

Where are you originally from if I may ask?

Welcome! and thanks for nice words.

Where are you originally from if I may ask?
I'm an Emirati, from the city of Abu Dhabi
Have you eaten at the Hwy 55 Restaurant there? I used to own two of those restaurants here? I was also an area developer for them for a year.

Oh wow! If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it under a guy from the Al Rumeithi family? I knew his brother.
Yep! They are the family that brought us to the UAE! I'm not sure if they are still the owners but there is still a store there only I think the location of the store was moved. They originally wanted to open 15 stores across the middle east but it is difficult since it was the first international store we had so they had to do a lot of the sourcing work themselves.

Fun fact: when they first opened they were shipping ALL of the food from the USA to keep the quality the same. My two stores were some of the test stores for the Halal meat that would be shipped to them. :)

Yep! They are the family that brought us to the UAE! I'm not sure if they are still the owners but there is still a store there only I think the location of the store was moved. They originally wanted to open 15 stores across the middle east but it is difficult since it was the first international store we had so they had to do a lot of the sourcing work themselves.
Fun fact: when they first opened they were shipping ALL of the food from the USA to keep the quality the same. My two stores were some of the test stores for the Halal meat that would be shipped to them. :)
What a small world, I tried it when it first opened! It was good and the shakes were onpoint :). Ah, I couldn't imagine, all those food shipped, must've been a nightmare!

Small work indeed. I'd like to come out there sometime but I'm not currently with Hwy55 so I would need a different reason.

I used to be the Sales responsible for Middle East and I loved going to Sega Republic or any of the Arcades at other Malls like the Emirates Mall.I remember when they had InitialD 3 or 4 with real size cars. That was awesome! There is one of the many reasons for you to go to UAE. And if you go with kids....Legoland, beach, amusement parks, you name it... :thumbsup: I love UAE, maybe need to move there. I'm sure I can find companies manufacturing PCBs there.

I used to be the Sales responsible for Middle East and I loved going to Sega Republic or any of the Arcades at other Malls like the Emirates Mall.I remember when they had InitialD 3 or 4 with real size cars. That was awesome! There is one of the many reasons for you to go to UAE. And if you go with kids....Legoland, beach, amusement parks, you name it... :thumbsup: I love UAE, maybe need to move there. I'm sure I can find companies manufacturing PCBs there.
Wow, whaddya know, that’s pretty cool, and sadly I haven’t been to SEGA Republic yet! I never trusted malls in general when it comes to arcade games, or atleast the machines/games weren’t interesting to me.

Arcades back in the day were very prominent from the early 90’s to the mid 2000’s here in Abu Dhabi! There was this arcade called “Action Zone” which had 8 seats Daytona with cameras facing the players, which they would do weekly tournaments. They had Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania which were linked for session mode (btw, that was the most fun I’ve had playing with my brother or my best friend). Oh DDR,Beatmania, keyboard mania amd dance maniax!

Another place called “happy world”or “happy land”, since they had over 4 branches in the tiny city of Abu Dhabi, lol.. that place was pretty ghetto, but had all the proper Candy cabs for SF games (rip megalo 50 XD) virtue strikers, oh and ez2dj (since 1999, 1st trax)

Damn, that was messy, excuse the :rolleyes: excitement

EDIT: You probably can find a pcb manufacturer in Dubai, but i think it’s cheaper to order from China (if we’re talking in bulk)

Oh, and please do ever come during “our winter” cause that’s like your spring :D

Last edited:
Wow 8 setas daytona must have been nice specially with weekly tournaments....I didnt know that arcade was so developed in the warly 90s in UAE.

A pity I missed that, bow it's almost impossible to find old-style arcade places, they are mixed with many of these redemption games and mostly you only can find simulators or shooting games.

Yeah, arcades definitely died here, it’s only a community effort really. The guys here pitch in to get something together. We got a versus city cab with a cps3 running, a Delta cabinet with a 2019 in 1, and a cps2 VSav.

All are owned by fellow members of the community.

We kept moving from one shop to another alot in the past, we’re currently settled in a lounge/cafe/ps4 kind of place. Very chill and has good food/drinks, Ultra Lounge.
66C1B26E-D831-481B-8F47-3C3747290C98.jpeg
29793442_585190358527076_6867856300638732288_o.jpg

Attachments

• ABB64E63-362D-4392-BAFF-E4C53A8F1190.jpeg
    ABB64E63-362D-4392-BAFF-E4C53A8F1190.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 205
Nice place! Definitely worth a visit.

Do you have a modded CPS3 cart so you can play all 6 games?

Nice place! Definitely worth a visit.

Do you have a modded CPS3 cart so you can play all 6 games?
Yeah, I believe we got three carts in total. I'm confused with the whole thing tbh! I find myself lost with the different posts in the superbios.

The one in the cab definitely does have the 6 cps3 games (ability to re-write). When booting up, Japan is the first in the table of regions, which is nice, prone to less errors when selecting.

One more thing, I've come across the thread SCSI2SD, and I have to say that is very interesting. I've already spoke with the guys and we might be ordering one very soon to try !

EDIT: I had one more (more) question. I got a cps3 board with your cart, but im missing the cdrom, and it's pretty difficult to find the SCSI kind. It is possible to use a SCSI/Sata adapter and use on a new cdrom?

One more thing, I've come across the thread SCSI2SD, and I have to say that is very interesting. I've already spoke with the guys and we might be ordering one very soon to try !
I have 2 of them and I absolutely recommend it. It's simple, accurate and very lightweight. It also consumes much less power.

I bought it from here: https://www.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html

If you have more questions let us know :thumbsup:

Yeah I would just replace the CD-drive with a SCSI2SD and call it a day.

Back