What's new

darhgo

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm having an interesting (sort of) issue with a Captain America and the Avengers PCB by Data East.

I'm running it through a HAS supergun and into an OSSC, into a TCL 43S405. It's hitting the OSSC at 15.62KHz and 57.44Hz.

It works fine into the PVM, but there's a ton of tearing and frame skipping on the flatscreen.

Anything I can do?

Thanks!

I guess your PVM is more tolerant on refresh rate than your flatscreen.
There's not much you can do without investing in a video converter wich outputs at a fixed refresh rate whatever the input you feed.

Is there something like that?

I do have a Framemeister also, would that regulate it perhaps?

You want something to stabilize the refresh rate to something static like 60hz. That means you're still technically manipulating the frames in some way, but at least the output will look smooth and be within your LCD spec.

iscan dvdo products are recommended here a lot. vp30/vp50/vp80 I believe are the items. @jassin000 has a lot of experience with them, and this thread is a good resource as well

OSSC and Arcade Systems Compatibility

Yup the iScan DVDO is the device you need to correct the sync output from the OSSC to a clean/perfect 60.0hz.
I also wanted to mention that board specifically (Captain America) has a really funky sync output... It wouldn't work at all with the Taito scaler.

Back