What's new
A

Apocalypse

Not sure if it's a known issue but I've noticed many games have one or two tiles fickering in the foreground.
It's a very small issue as those flickering tiles can be seen only once or twice in the entire game for most of them. It's always in the same spots, nothing random here.

Here's an example in AvsP (yellow square):

delete last fm account

Last edited by a moderator:
Me neither. Maybe a loose pin?
Checked that already. 1944 has 2 flickering tiles on the screen just before starting first mission so it's a quick way to see if any action on the board has an effect.
I've burnt the same romset in EPROMs (after reinstalling a battery) and installed them on the B-board I use for the multi: problem vanished.
It's like few bytes in one of the flash were dead. But it makes little sense to me as flash aren't dedicated to specific graphic data, are they? It's always in the foreground.

Anyway it's not a big deal, games work 99.99% correct.

Me neither. Maybe a loose pin?
Checked that already. 1944 has 2 flickering tiles on the screen just before starting first mission so it's a quick way to see if any action on the board has an effect.I've burnt the same romset in EPROMs (after reinstalling a battery) and installed them on the B-board I use for the multi: problem vanished.
It's like few bytes in one of the flash were dead. But it makes little sense to me as flash aren't dedicated to specific graphic data, are they? It's always in the foreground.

Anyway it's not a big deal, games work 99.99% correct.
Worth troubleshooting though for sure. Those little things would annoy me too.

That said, I've had the CPS2 multi for years and haven't had this problem on either of those titles (or any).

Maybe there's a problem w/ the flash memory on your multi? Or an SD card issue?

I've wasted some more hours trying to find the root cause but no luck:

I'm really the unlucky one when it comes to arcade hardware... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's the problem with repairs....endless hours invested and many times....no luck.

Late update...
Ok, I've tried to install the kit on the rev.7 B-board with G PAL => nothing changed (still the same problematic tiles in the same games at the same spots).
Can anyone post the flash test ROM?

1944 U Tested on crt directly and on a pc monitor with xrgb mini and those yellow squares do not appear. (Rev 6)

Back