What's new

undamned

Multi Baez
Champion
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I'm looking for an adequate replacement for the ferrite beads often found near the JAMMA edge of a game PCB. Example:

3wonders.png

Both the small orange parts near the JAMMA edge and the small blue parts along the edge of the C board are what I'm talking about. I'm actually curious the proper value part, not just "oh, pull one off a dead board." Does anyone have schematics that might specify an exact value?

Thanks!
-ud

I'd be interested in this as well. I had attempted to find some that matched the system 573 hardware when I was building an interface PCB for my DDR lights project but came up empty handed as the specific part used was discontinued and I couldn't find any similar specced parts. those at least had a number on them.
I've got a few capcom boards with busted filters I'd love to replace but no idea what to replace them with.

some I've seen are just a capacitor to ground like this: https://www.reichelt.com/us/en/Filt...dex.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=3175&ARTICLE=101694 others are just ferrites and others are ferrites and capacitors combined.

I suppose you could always check the capacitance/inductance and see what they measure..

most likely they're Emifil or EMI Filter, made by TDK.

the one with ferrite bead i know is from sega filter bd, which you can easily see the bead itself wounded by wires. don't know if there's a packaged one.

some sega filter bd have values stated in manuals.
the most common value are :

223 - for power lines
102 - for VGA signals
103 - for VCC line
680 - for I/O signals

the one with ferrite bead i know is from sega filter bd, which you can easily see the bead itself wounded by wires. don't know if there's a packaged one.

223 - for power lines
102 - for VGA signals
103 - for VCC line
680 - for I/O signals
Cool, thanks for that. Do you happen to know what those numbers correlate to? I know ferrite beads are often rated by impedance at frequency (i.e. 50 Ohms @ 100Mhz).
-ud

223 - for power lines
102 - for VGA signals
103 - for VCC line
680 - for I/O signals
Do you happen to know what those numbers correlate to? I know ferrite beads are often rated by impedance at frequency (i.e. 50 Ohms @ 100Mhz).-ud
they're in pico farads, like you read cap numbers. i.e: 223 = 22000pf = 22nf. the emifil itself, have voltage rating, which can be easily determined by our application in board. and, i think they also have freq category. read one datasheet will shed some light about them.

Back