What's new
Similar to before. You will find the enemies don't spawn for some reason on pilots.

I don't understand the GFX errors on DOA though the security is only 1 check at the start...

maybe scoping the data lines of the roms will show if they are too slow.

I have an original DOA romkit, so I can test with the original mask roms if needed to rule out eprom speeds.
I'll post the jumper settings tonight, along with the pilot kids jumper settings.

I have an original DOA romkit, so I can test with the original mask roms if needed to rule out eprom speeds.
I'll post the jumper settings tonight, along with the pilot kids jumper settings.
You got mail :)

Great, thats very handy! Thanks

only thing not working is the test button, but I think it's because of the program roms I have

I was previously testing for hammy. I still have the setup for testing. Did some investigation into the jumper settings. Some are pretty obvious. I have a spreadsheet somewhere but do not have access to it before next week.

only thing not working is the test button, but I think it's because of the program roms I have
Thanks. All set good exept J19/20, i haven't read that post lol.
My test button is working. I saw you used 100ns 27c4096, i think they are too slow, i've never saw below 85ns in the original configurations and some of my convert did not work with slow ones.
I have put 27c4002 45ns on most of them just to be sure and they boot all the times

it's entirely possible that if you're using "new" roms from China they have the wrong speed raiting on them. I've bought quite a few listed as 100 that ended up actually being 120 or 150s

is that the roms with suspicious YELLOW printing?
a lot of those dont even have the right ID bytes!

Doa is running fine over here with the decrypted roms. Kasumi is looking fine too.
I have the freezing in a fight problem too, on both the decrypted set and my original set.

I’ve had it happen before and I think it was power related. I’m digging out a better psu tomorrow and report back.

Doa is running fine over here with the decrypted roms. Kasumi is looking fine too.
I have the freezing in a fight problem too, on both the decrypted set and my original set.

I’ve had it happen before and I think it was power related. I’m digging out a better psu tomorrow and report back.
Are you using the same one as hammy provided? Just to know if thats my issue or not. However the last tester had the same exact issue so i find it hard to believe is my fault

Are you using the same one as hammy provided? Just to know if thats my issue or not. However the last tester had the same exact issue so i find it hard to believe is my fault
Where else will it be from? ;)

Where else will it be from? ;)
Arcademodbios? XD
So at this point i must suppose we both had the same exact issue =O wtf?
I didn't find any re-brand on my eeproms, exept 2 27c160 with the matte black on top, they were 50ns, rebranded as 100ns .. haha.. these chinese guys are insane
i will try to change the eeproms once i will have "new" ones at this point

I borrowed some eeproms from DOA to try the full set for Pilot Kids
There's all sort of things XD
Random reboots, stuck enemies, background stops scrolling after a while. The game hates you when you try to change settings on test and doing different things on boot, perfect play but stuck controls or complitely viceversa.
Sometimes settings could be saved but it won't boot again, you need to pull out the board and plug it again.
There's no graphical errors at all, it just mess with the program somehow. I think the code is still trying to comunicate with the decrypt pcb and messing around because of that? No clue, but it's a no go at the moment

Back