What's new
Yep, i did say multiple times the pilot kid hack was not the best.... Zero gunner is worse ;)

Ok,
got my power issues out of the way.
original set is running fine. Hammy's set is crashing in a fight.

The original, acts the same when the secutity board is not connected.
Sorry for the false positive, guys:)

are these security boards just memory-mapped devices, or does data pass through them?

Ok,
got my power issues out of the way.
original set is running fine. Hammy's set is crashing in a fight.

The original, acts the same when the secutity board is not connected.
Sorry for the false positive, guys:)
GFX ok though? The crash i can probably fix.

yes, gfx totally fine.
Im pretty sure the crash is security related

yes, gfx totally fine.
Im pretty sure the crash is security related
i wonder how 2 different people archived the same issue, speaking of me and the other guy for the kasumi polygon error. What that could be?

I'll check my romset against the mame set, maybe ther is someting going on with the mame set.
When I put in Hammy's IC15 rom, it didnt boot with my set, I needed to get the IC 16 from the mame set to get it to boot.
So, there is definately difference between my set and the mame set.

Stupid question but are you using/checking the correct ROM set for the correct hardware?

A lot of these games came out on BOTH Model 2A AND Model 2B and the ROMs are different depending on the hardware.

Stupid question but are you using/checking the correct ROM set for the correct hardware?

A lot of these games came out on BOTH Model 2A AND Model 2B and the ROMs are different depending on the hardware.
Yes i did. I always check the CPP in order to be sure on what to use. I'm sure the set is good by comparing the name of the roms and the hash.
I really don't know why

I can't progress past the character select in the debugger :/ (unmodified set) .
it's also running at 30% speed so a nightmare to work with, the hardware is intense.

Guess what... the kasumi polygons are glitched in mame on the genuine sets! <bad dump?!>

Attachments

• 0000.png
    0000.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
SUPERB! :D

Still crashes here in mame for me though :(

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 135
Yes, when you start fighting.
Its security, your roms work fine when my security board is plugged in.
whithout the board, it crashes.

Sure you sent the modified rom and not the original? :D

Yes, when you start fighting.
Its security, your roms work fine when my security board is plugged in.
whithout the board, it crashes.

Sure you sent the modified rom and not the original? :D
I think so, it's only a few bytes and was done 2 years ago... I can't remember much.
Anyway the GFX errors was why i stopped as there was no way to fix.

The game crashes still <with original set in mame> on the screen above, it crashes before it's possible to move the character select box.
I don't know if the emu crash is security related or other things.

Still it's fucking hilarious that it's a bad dump after all those years. Just like those ZN games with bad dumps for 10 years (for no reason).

IC 15 in yours looks a bad dump.... 16 looks good!

EDIT: with your 16 and mame's 15 it goes to the sunset "like the old days" but crashes there. Is this where the board dies?
It's still worth checking your ic 15 again!

Attachments

• 0002.png
    0002.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
It crashes with the sunset but after a few seconds of fighting.
you can start a fight, all is normal. sometimes 5, sometimes 10 seconds. if your fast enough, you can even defeat the opponent, but it always crashes to the sunset in the first fight.

another dump of ic 15 is coming in a bit

ic15

Double checked and verified with different programmers. It's 100% whats on the eprom.

Back