What's new
Well the date on them is december 6th 1996
it is a lie ;) there is several build date texts in ROM - Jan 10 1997
so, yes, it is new(est) version! (with old label/sticker)

if I unzip the mame set the date next to the files is december 24th..
the are likely torrent-zipped, so all the files/ROMs have same date which means nothing.

PS: how do you prefer to be credited, Trol or other nickname/name ?

trol:)
just noticed i named both files ic16, obviously the epr19379 should be ic 15..

Wowow, wasn't these one of the games making intensive use of the security chip?

I had one Rom board that I bought from eBay but no security chip. Now I should be able to play it. :thumbsup:

Wowow, wasn't these one of the games making intensive use of the security chip?
yes, it is (the only?) model3 game which really uses 5881 protection chip in the way it was designed to be used :)
not silly dumb prot checks like other model2/3 games.

it would be interesting to remove the hardware revision check on M3 too,

just to see how slow some games run on the slower boards :)
*maybe* some games arent pushing the boards hard and could run on older hardware.

Ok i got it running perfectly in mame... in game average 17% running speed with debugger on.

I think the game is fully working with your roms but i will let it run for a few matches.
Now it works, i can see where the patch went wrong but that's enough for today ;)

@MetalliC or someone will catch this and fix up mame.
Nice! Pulled out my DOA and replaced IC19 with Trols Dump. Graphics glitches are gone!

Thanks for the correct dump!
While i was waiting for the new 27c322 batch i made a 29f400 to 27c4096 adapter, just because i didn't have faster 4096 around. Lightspeed 40ns should do
20200813-161843.jpg

Wich titles give problems with the slower 4096 roms?
I have a few conversions and dont pay attention to the eprom speed.
Pilot kids, Dead or Alive,Last Bronx and Sonic fighters are all running fine over here with 100 or 120 eprom speeds.

Wich titles give problems with the slower 4096 roms?
I have a few conversions and dont pay attention to the eprom speed.
Pilot kids, Dead or Alive,Last Bronx and Sonic fighters are all running fine over here with 100 or 120 eprom speeds.
Basically none of them :whistling:
I just had stuff over 150Ns, even 200ns.. that wasn't good for me. 100/120ns is just fine, over that is just headache

np,

at the side note - check this https://mega.nz/file/ZU8knaBA#1VYmuQx3Xiiq355vmWSzsBwkHc8MG0fkONnf2TD4iT4
unprotected Model 3 Dirt Devils
how does this work? As I have the rom board also but no sec board.
replace ROMS 17-20 and 1-4 with reprogrammed ones and it should work with no security board
@MetalliC so I tried this but I just get a blue screen... I used the mame dump from the export

any idea?

@AMS no idea, to many unknowns at your end.
to my knowledge, even original/unpatched game works with no security board, but show garbage instead some of textures. not hang with blue screen.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s what I thought also

I just burned the complete mame files and replaced those chips with the decrypted ones and I get a blue screen. So I have to check all my chips then again :)

If my Dirt Devils cab wasn't at the back of my storage room, I would try this.

Reactions: AMS
Back