What's new
Sorry to jump on guys
Our hdd in our lindbergh after burner climax are playing up
Id like to convert to ssd

is it a case of the above and just copy the files over from the old hdd to the new ?

thanks

dave

HDD is protected and locked, so no. If you have the original DVD and keychip, you can just do a fresh installation with the SSD. I would though use a SATA <--> IDE adapter and connect the SATA drive still in the IDE socket.

Ahh ok
So what if i were to do a sector for sector backup and restore ?

yes ive just ordered a few different converters as ive read in threads on here its a mix n match to get it right lol

is there not a hacked version i can load on there
Or would that be a darksoft way, which im all good for either way :)

id just sooner keep the 2 machines original and linked if possible.

dave

ahh ok thanks
i ordered a couple of them adapters
as i read on here they are hit n miss lol

any pref on a repalecement 40gb pata ?
i see fujitsu on ebay

thanks

dave

If you're going to buy a replacement PATA try to get the same brand that you alreay have.

Looks like the original was HGST i.e. Hitachi.

why not start compiling a list of which sata adapter chips work and which dont?
the same was done by the dreamcast hacking guys and it was very handy.

JM20330 based converter and SM2258XT / PS3111-S11 based SSD worked several times for me, but not sure all of them will work. (on original setup not multi)

Last edited:
Thought I would update this thread with some info I found on why the Lindberghs don't work with SSDs on their SATA port.

When the Lindy boots it uses hdparm to set DMA to on on /dev/hda, /dev/hdb (the game drive), /dev/hdc and so on

In the Linux Kernel 2.4 this works fine, and DMA runs on /dev/hdb so all 2.4 games should work fine from the internal sata port

In the Linux Kernel 2.6 there is a bug with the driver, and it doesn't manage to turn DMA on, which causes games like Hummer / Race TV which stream large bits of audio/video to run really slowly.

So in conclusion, Kernel 2.4 games will run fine - Kernel 2.6 won't.

As far as I know, both multi's heavily prefer Kernel 2.6 (I think darksoft's multi has the option to swap to Kernel 2.4 for Outrun and HOTD), so you're gonna see lots of slow downs in the multis.

Thats the theory anyway ;)

Can someone help me? I just got a lindberg today and so cannot find instructions how to create a multi boot. I heard you only need a hdd and cf card but I'm lost. Anyone have instructions?? Sorry if I'm posting wrong

Can someone help me? I just got a lindberg today and so cannot find instructions how to create a multi boot. I heard you only need a hdd and cf card but I'm lost. Anyone have instructions?? Sorry if I'm posting wrong
That information can't be released here, as Lindbergh is still in service. The multis in circulation have not been publicly dumped afaik, especially not the PIC. Unfortunately my friend, your princess is in another castle.

That information can't be released here, as Lindbergh is still in service. The multis in circulation have not been publicly dumped afaik, especially not the PIC. Unfortunately my friend, your princess is in another castle.
Thanks for the quick reply. Everyone was talking about multi boot so I was curious :/

Got the multi prepped etc. But when I boot the system, I just get the black screen with a flashing dash on the left upper corner of the screen. Without ssd connected, it would boot up. Something wrong with my ssd? I am also using and IDE to SATA adapter I got from amazon. I am using a Maxtor 240gb ssd

Ok so I switched the jumps on the IDE to Sata adapter and get operating system not found. But if I don't plug that in, it does boot to where it looks for the hard drive

Redid the compact flash and won't boot with ssd plugged in. I got into BIOS and it has the ssd as master but I cannot change it. The jumpers are done right. Am I missing something there? I don't know if it has to do with the IDE to SATA adapter, it is kingwin branded. I have 2 of them same result though. I am stumped at the moment.

Back