What's new

ganevv

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a weird problem with Initial D ver.2 on a GD ROM with Naomi 2.
The game boots to test mode and there is no way to go to normal mode - whe game just returns to test mode when exiting.
Everything seems to work fine when walking through all the tests.
The only thing that is not connected is the Power Steering board but I doubt this is the reason for the problem.
The CD appears as "IN EXPORT" version.
Tried the same hardware with Virtua striker 3 (EXPORT version) and it works fine.
Has anyone had a similar problem?

did it work before?
Could be the game boots to test if not all the needed IO boards are connected (like the steering board?)

Hello,
I have a weird problem with Initial D ver.2 on a GD ROM with Naomi 2.
The game boots to test mode and there is no way to go to normal mode - whe game just returns to test mode when exiting.
Everything seems to work fine when walking through all the tests.
The only thing that is not connected is the Power Steering board but I doubt this is the reason for the problem.
The CD appears as "IN EXPORT" version.
Tried the same hardware with Virtua striker 3 (EXPORT version) and it works fine.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
What i/o type do you have?

Well, I bought the Initial D CD and security chip on Ebay. I tested it some months ago and |think it never worked. Before that the Naomi worked with Virtua Striker 3 and with Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution and it still works with them.
The i/o board is 838-13683-93 (Rev. B). Wheel, gas and brake potentiometers are connected and working fine.
I will search what kind of steering board I need and will try to find one but wouldn't it display an error message instead of staying in test mode?

I think it would need a Type 1 or 3 JVS IO, the IO you have is the Jamma->JVS converter.

Back