What's new

stox58

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having some trouble getting my F3 Darksoft kit working, my Motherboard is tested working ok with a cart. I'm using a 1GB SanDisk micro SD and I've tried two different SD cards. I can scroll through the games list on the LCD and it will write to flash and it then tells me the game is loaded, but nothing is showing on the monitor, just showing like there is no cart installed on the motherboard.
Please can someone point me in the right direction.
many thanks from Luke

Do you have the reset wire installed? If not you should just need to reboot the system for the game to start.

Hi,

No I've not yet installed the reset wire, is there anyway to test it before installing the wire

Thanks from Luke

I've now installed the reset wire and it holds it in reset while the flash is loading, but then go's back to the no cart installed screen.
Any other things to try ?, could it be the multi firmware or still the sd card

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reset wire isn't needed to reboot the system after flashing?

I thought the reset wire was to stop the system outputting any video during the flashing process?

I don't have the reset wire installed and my board automatically reboots after flashing is complete.

Yeah that's true. Hmm. I certainly could be a sd card or game file issue.

just checked your location - we're in the same city, I have a working F3-multi and a sigma rajin supergun. You could pop round and try it on my setup and I know my sdcard image & F3 pcb works...

Hi Penrhos,

That would be great thanks for the offer, I will send you a pm

I’ve tried 3 different SD cards now, still the same fault.

Yes all sorted, it’s still working fine.
many thanks to Penrhos for his help

Hi there,

i've got a question regarding the Taito F3 setup, i've just got hold of a japanese motherboard, like the cps2, do i need to buy an original game? and is there anything else i need to get or do? before i buy the kit.

cheers

Dave

Nope, just the motherboard, you only need to buy a game if you want to use a game shell (which I recommend btw), get one of those cheap soccer games ;)

You might want an original game to rob its cart shell, but no you don't need one.
What you will need to do is region free that motherboard, this is done by removing pins/security tabs in the cart connector.

I went for the "gold" and ground/Drummeled the F outa mine (you prob don't need to be as aggressive as most just snap them out).
l5DdVL9.jpg

Hello, got the same kind of problem today :(
Will try to reseat the cart on the motherboard tomorrow.

When I power the cab on (capcom mini cute) I have got the "now playing" on the lcd, but the screen stays purple and green forever.
Same behaviour after a reboot.
Same behaviour after loading another game.

Attachments

• IMG_7079.jpg
    IMG_7079.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 391
@damasco94 are you sure that the motherboard is working properly? Did you try with an original cart? Did you try with another microSD?

@damasco94 are you sure that the motherboard is working properly? Did you try with an original cart? Did you try with another microSD?
Not sure if the motherboard is still working properly.
I haven't used it since months.

I have to take some time for a troubleshooting session.
Sadly I have already sold all my original carts cause of your multi :)

Back