What's new

GuileWinQuote

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an X-Men vs. Street Fighter board running through my HAS with Undamned convertors for my arcade sticks and have a problem.
The Undamned receives the inputs I'm putting in while configuring it on the player 1 side, but in game my buttons do nothing. Using the same convertor on the player 2 side works however, so I'm assuming it's an issue with the board.
Any tips? I've cleaned the contacts pretty well and nothing has changed.

Looks like the button layout in HAS is cleared, please set a new layout.

This was it, thank you!
I've gotten every button work but button 3 (Fierce Punch)
When resetting the layout it takes the button, but in game does nothing, any ideas?

Can't think of anything else, but double check you don't have the autofire set for that button (go into CPS2 test mode > buttons, and see what's going on there).

So in the cps2 test mode, button 3 is showing to be continuously held down (not autofire but just a static 1)....
I wonder what the issue is.
Thank you for helping me, I'm very new to this stuff

What happens when you remove the UD-USB decoder?

Edit: Do you have some other PCBs you could use for testing?

Without anything plugged in, button 3 is still shown as being pressed held down

If you can, try another PCB game, but if you don't have any and don't have any equipment to do proper testing, you could do the following (but only if you feel confident!):

1. Remove the microcontroller on HAS by gently lifting each end of the microcontroller a little at a time with a small flat-head screwdriver.
2. Bend pin #28 of the ATmega16 microcontroller to the outside, just a bit.
3. Put the microcontroller back in place, but make sure the leg #28 of the microcontroller doesn't go into the socket.

Picture to show you what I mean:
42171006402_ac07de2983.jpg

If it's the microcontroller that's shorting, I'll just send you a new one, otherwise it's your CPS2 mobo.

Im about to go to work, so I'll try this once I get home. Thank you!

If it is a problem with the MoBo, would there be anyway to go about fixing that?

If it turns to be a problem with the mobo or the multi and not the RGB, please get in touch with @Mitsurugi-w. He can fix it for a small fee. If the kit is still on warranty and is not broken due to misuse, this will fall under warranty as usual.

This isn't multi, I just got the a and b board off of eBay for cheap, I was just wondering if this was a common problem or not

Then I'm not sure if he can help. Let's see when he reads this.

Stuck inputs are one of the most common issues on any JAMMA pcb.

Update, I'm going to wait a week to test on a friend's pcb because I'm not confident enough to test the pin on the HAS myself, especially since I assume it's the board that has the problem.
Stuck inputs are one of the most common issues on any JAMMA pcb.
is it easily fixable?

I think it may be an issue with the undammed controller converter. I had a similar issue with my setup. However my super gun is an old super nova not a HAS. When I updated the firmware on my UD converter one inputs was continuously on. It was remmedied by updating to a newer firmware.

UD-USB Decoders @ post 107 talks about the issue. Hope this helps

When nothing is plugged in at all, the board still shows that button 3 is being held down.

guess that rules out the UD USB controller.

So either the issue is with your CPS2 (which I suspect) or with the HAS.
Better test with another PCB to be sure, or if you can do it test at Jamma pin24 with a multimeter if it is connected to ground.

Back