What's new

shotgun

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all,

is there a way to use a PC to replace Model 3 boards (that are a pain in the a** to keep alive), and keep the original force feedback and all ?

I know that on gamoover (french arcade forum), BigPanik has done it for Model 2 and is maybe interested in doing the same for Model 3 but it has been a while since...

Thanks for any inputs :)

EDIT ; i have seen that Link a Real Model 3 PCB to SuperModel Emulator but maybe it evolved ?

I will be interested on seeing a simple solution for this too. I love Model 3 systems and have most of the games, some even twice.

Probably a PC running Supermodel 3 + a Board for FFB would be the solution here.

This has been done I believe, I found a guy in Germany called Frank on the Jamma+ forum who had made a PC that has been modified to the model 3 wiring and installed in the model 3 metal cage and all connected to the filter board, so its plug and play into an existing model 3 cab.

I believe it runs supermodel emulator and interacts with the original cab hardware, ie it works with model 3 original steering wheel FFB board etc.

It also runs model 2 games as well like the original Daytona.

I did enquire with him to buy one as it looks a great bit of kit for any model 3 driving cab owner but he said whilst it can still be set it up for original 24khz output as he has made them that way before he couldn't guarantee that it works as he cant test it as he no longer has a 24khz monitor to test it on. He can provide it for those that have had an LCD conversion installed in the cab as that is his setup that he has now.

He did say that the games running in 1080p on a big widescreen with the rest of the cab original is an awesome experience which I don't doubt but my preference is to keep the original cab as it is.

Heres a link to the listing I found for it :-

https://tinyurl.com/y9wobg9u

I have sent the guy a PM to get an update as it was a year ago I last spoke to him, you never know he may have a way to do a 24khz variety this time.

That is a pretty slick solution. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to pull it off for a model 2. Would love to convert my Sega Rally to run something like this.

In the meantime i finally found the time to make the next needful step for me....
in my Hobby room i have only a or2sp converted for lcd atm....
my idea was one little cabinet for all sega racers i like......ringedge...lindbergh....europe-r....model2....model3...mame with outrunners and virtua racing....everything with light,ffb and so on...without make changes on the original loom.....right away i made it....ok, for lindbergh i still have to swap the gameboard :( hope this will soon be possible on Windows (this lindy and Ring teknothing from Reaver (Jackalous) is sadly needless for cabinets and only for pc Gamepad user, hope this will change soon...)
.....but i also dont wanted thowsands of cables and spend ages for changing gameboard, ffb Chips, Soundboard or driveboards.......This mess is a "NO GO" Situation with the original M3 Hardware for me...
so i made this....I can now Play ID6-8, Sonic, Grid, All Model2 + 3 Games, Mame with Virtua Racing, Outrun1 or Outrunners without the need of changing the gameboard.
changing FFB and/or IO Hardware needs only a very short time and is plug and Play.....
But i have also to say, i made the same with my D2DLX cabinet in my Garage last year, the way from Model3 -> Cab 4 all is "less" complicated, even with Motion......

please do not look at my mess in my craft room, now it's cleaned up again :)

Last edited:
Now, you can do something good for the community and post what needs to be done so that everyone can enjoy this as well.

Back