What's new

jkl

Student
Reaction score
Hi I can't figure out my problem...
I have 2x sega jvs type 1 i/o.
Both turn on, are recognized by naomi board that reads fw version and other data, but I can't get any key to work even in input test.
Wired a db15 port following ags pinout (joystick leds are turning on too)...
Powered with 5v AND 12v, even if I guess that without lamp out 12v are useless.
Used 2 different usb cables.
Same Naomi work flawlessy with jvs 2 jamma.

Attachments

• 20151211_153335_HDR-2-1280x667.jpg
    20151211_153335_HDR-2-1280x667.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:
I can't tell. Did you install the loopback cable?

don't know what is it!!
I just have 1x usb from naomi to jvs... Nothing else! Where should be connected the loopback?

just to be clear I'd like to have only 1 jvs interface working, I am not trying to daisy chain them. I still need a loopback cable?

This is quoted from Andy Geezer on another forum:

"All Sega dedicated JVS I/O require a +5v loop cable, you need to loop pin1 to pin3 (+5v - ext 5v) on the 60pin connector, otherwise no inputs will work."

My S-JIHP does this for you automatically. Otherwise, just connect a wire from pin 1 to pin 3, both on the 60-pin connector, and see if your inputs begin to work. It's literally a wire leaving and rejoining the same connector thus creating the "loop".

WTF... I can confirm that no input is working... ;(
99% is that the problem... many thanks Mitsurugi!

I'm still thinking about getting an S-JHP, the problem is that such a useful device is sadly quite far from me (=shipping expenses)... but ofr gun games could be a great deal!

I'll bridge pins 1-3 and let you know if this solves my issue.

Thanks a lot again.

You're great Mitsurugi!
Both are working like a charm now.
Finally I'm able to play games like Initial D 3 that were refusing my old jvs2jamma.

Many many thanks.

JKL

I'm still thinking about getting an S-JHP, the problem is that such a useful device is sadly quite far from me (=shipping expenses)... but ofr gun games could be a great deal!
Where are you located? Priority shipping is $26 or less in most places around the world. In addition to the S-JIHP you get a little starter kit to help you get your first mod done. The S-JIHP really will relieve a lot of headaches, especially if you plan to use a lot of JVS systems. Plus the ability to use X/Y guns for most JVS gun games is a real huge plus.

Mitsurugi-w, I could kiss you right now :love:

I've been pulling my hair out over this for the last couple of hours. I tried a couple of different IOs, various USB cables etc all to no avail. I could remember having a similar issue years ago and I remembered needing to link two pins but I thought it was two GND pins. I checked continuity between GND pins as was as between 5v and 12v pins but I only checked continuity between pins 1>2, 2>3, 3>4 etc. I didn't think to check 1>3 :facepalm:

After a little while of googling around I stumbled across this thread and bingo, sorted in two seconds. Thanks again! :D

This explains the problems with my G-Balance and it's new I/O. Any tips on what the easiest way to bridge pin 1 and 3 is? The connector is kinda in the way... I'm sure there's a really easy way that I just don't know about...?

Back