What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,guys, i have some doubts about preserving pcbs. Have been reading different stuff about this issue,latest on arcadeotaku. But no good results like this:

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/pcb-jpg-21472207-2da0-48ab-9f74-9b7da6906857

So:
1- What i have to do besides using isopropilic alcohol? Have seen guys using water, soap, but what about eletric and oxidation damage? Do just using some heating gun at low temperature moves away the problem of using water? If water is not an option, what to use?
2- Do really white vinegar helps removing oxidation? Or just removing/including new weld can really help the problem?
3- And after that, there`s such a thing that can cover the pcb from future oxidation or other damages? I`ve seen people OR criticing WD-40 or using it. There`s an alternative? Or it`s just right?
4- And what makes it shine?

are you looking to preserve PCBs or CLEAN PCBs?

because those two things are at odds.

Conventional wisdom is that cleaning the PCB, with any kind of liquid can seep into the chips and lower it's life span. If you wan to "preserve" it, hit it with some canned air and let it be a little dusty. Then store it in a low humidity environment and be sure to replace any caps or batteries that might leak and cause damage.

Back