What's new

FrancoB

Champion
Reaction score
I bought a [pre-configured MAME PC] from 2huwman recently. It's a great little system and I wanted to mount it to something to protect it a little so I decided to make an enclosure for it.

This is the PC:

i-LhKhCXX-XL.jpg

Finished enclosure:

DSC_0021-X2.jpg

DSC_0022-X2.jpg

DSC_0025-X2.jpg

DSC_0026-X2.jpg

DSC_0027-X2.jpg

DSC_0028-X2.jpg

DSC_0038-X2.jpg

4mm routered, drilled, tapped and polished acrylic top and bottom. I added some lugs to hang the enclosure from in the cab from the hooks pictured. I use the same hooks to hang PCBs from.

10mm cut, drilled, tapped and polished solid stainless steel spacers used along with nylon washers. Rubber feet fitted to bottom.

DC jack mounted in the top along with a red momentary power button and a black latching button which turns the audio amplifier on/off. I added this as I have a stereo amp in my E2 so I use the output from the 3.5mm jack rather than via the JPAC.

Nice job as always buddy. Just looks like the buttons are a bit hard to reach all the way at the back. Wouldn't it have been better to mount them near the front?

Cheers dude.

The board's only about 20cm long so it's not really any harder to reach the other side of the board. The mobo headers are at the back side so I decided to mount them there where there is more clearance along with the DC socket to keep things clean.

Been thinking about doing something similar to this for a bit, looks great!

Cheers dude.

The board's only about 20cm long so it's not really any harder to reach the other side of the board. The mobo headers are at the back side so I decided to mount them there where there is more clearance along with the DC socket to keep things clean.
Not a fan of using, the arcade vga but nice work!

id recommend a few things

Xpadder, if that version of jpac can be used as a joystick this opens you up to marco keys inside xpadder
some useful marcos are
button hold, to new button > holding something like start for x ammout of secounds can toggle exit game
button hold as a shift modifer, to new hotkeys, so holding a button, then while still holding it you can do other function i use this for volume control myself holding button 1 for 5 seconds, then 2 and 3 make the volume go up and down
these are just a few examples of things you can do .
oh aswell as for system shutdown. ect

First time I have seen hooks used for mounting pcb, that is clever! Totally stealing this idea.

Bonus points for using nice rubber feet on the 'case' :thumbup:

That is a really cool and clean setup.

Now show some games running on it and a small review of the device. :D

Last edited:
I've been thinking about one of these devices as well, do they scale properly with 224/240p etc. material? I have my rPi setup now pretty much up and running the way I like it (using a VGA GPIO breakout instead of a HDMI->VGA converter), works pretty well considering it's such a small device. Which advantages does this PC setup have compared to that? I'm running Lakka with the RGUI menu in 15khz at the moment. Just finishing up on the enclosure, missing a few specific screws, but after that it's pretty much done :)

Back