What's new

MostroVeneno

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi!
I´ve recentrly aquired a faulty cps3 board and i was wondering if could be revived.
One thing i noticed is this chip between the white plastic cover, the cart and a chip labeled with capcom and other info.
It reads next to it in white over the pcb "12F HA161031FPJ".
Zooming in, has a pin which is cut (the number 4 from bottom to top, in reference pic attached). I wonder if could be part of the problem. I have not tested the pcb yet, and i´m sending the cart over to mitsurugi to replace bios.
Then i will be able to do further testing. If anyone can check on the pcb if this is a common thing or not i would apreciate. I´ve searched for cps3 schematics to see whats the main purpose of that chip but had no luck.
I attach the pic I took, little blurry though.

Attachments

• cps3 chip.jpg
    cps3 chip.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 544
  • remarked.jpg
    remarked.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Hi!
I´ve recentrly aquired a faulty cps3 board and i was wondering if could be revived.
One thing i noticed is this chip between the white plastic cover, the cart and a chip labeled with capcom and other info.
It reads next to it in white over the pcb "12F HA161031FPJ".
Zooming in, has a pin which is cut (the number 4 from bottom to top, in reference pic attached). I wonder if could be part of the problem. I have not tested the pcb yet, and i´m sending the cart over to mitsurugi to replace bios.
Then i will be able to do further testing. If anyone can check on the pcb if this is a common thing or not i would apreciate. I´ve searched for cps3 schematics to see whats the main purpose of that chip but had no luck.
I attach the pic I took, little blurry though.
That chip looks fine & normal for that revision board. I’d be more concerned however with that white corrosion looking stuff around one of the work rams behind the cartridge slot (15J 514260-7). I’d check that out for any corroded traces etc - that area looks a little suspect to me.

EDIT: didn’t realize this was a 3 year old thread! Didn’t mean to necrobump this!

That chip looks fine & normal for that revision board. I’d be more concerned however with that white corrosion looking stuff around one of the work rams behind the cartridge slot (15J 514260-7). I’d check that out for any corroded traces etc - that area looks a little suspect to me.

EDIT: didn’t realize this was a 3 year old thread! Didn’t mean to necrobump this!
Lol, yeah that mobo is still giving headaches. It doesnt read/recognize simms 3 to 7.
It would be awesome to get cps3 diagrams but never found any on the net.

Back