What's new

Violator80

Beginner
Reaction score
I am in need of some help. A few weeks back I installed the wires to be able to play encrypted roms. I'm a beginner at soldering, but I managed to get everything in place and I was able to boot and play encrypted roms fine. About a week later I started getting 1010 emulator errors while playing. Another forum member told me to reseat my A & B boards so I did that, but then today I started getting scrambled graphics. I tried a few different A boards, but I was always getting scrambled graphics no matter what I did. I decided to go back and look at my solder points and I attempted to clean them up. I was thinking maybe they were the problem. Well, I should have let them alone or gotten some help from someone better at soldering because I pulled up the SWCLK pad entirely. The pad is still attached to the wire as can be seen in the pictures.

What makes this even more problematic is I don't even know if these wires were what was causing the scrambled graphics in the first place.

Is there anyone here that can help me?

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 332
Welcome!

Damn, as your username suggests, you have definitely violated that multi :D JK!

The only thing Im going to suggest is to send this out to @Mitsurugi-w to get it repaired/setup accordingly and be done with it. It is well worth the little $$ he charges.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I feel like a idiot. I probably should not have attempted the solder work in the first place and I definitely should not have tried to "fix" it. I sent Mitsurugi-w a PM and hopefully he can get me fixed up.

He will get you fixed up for sure.

Dont beat yourself over it; its a learning experience. I have destroyed most thing first time around learning to do something. We have all goofed up at one point or another doing things.

In the meantime, for future projects that include soldering, just keep practicing on test boards/junk electronic items. You will get the hang of it, there are plenty of online video tutorials about proper soldering techniques.

Is this your first Darksoft multi?

I feel your pain man. I pulled up one of the traces there too.

@'The Spaniard thanks for the sympathy. Is Mitsurugi-w working to repair your board?

Back