What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to purchase a Sega Lindbergh and wanted some advice.

I can get a 'untested' Lindbergh yellow for around £175 that doesn't have a CF card, security PIC, or the security filter board.

Filter boards are around £10, so I could easily purchase another one of those bringing it to around £190.

I would then ideally like a multikit; and was wondering how much they normally go for?

Does anyone have any opinions on if this is a good purchase, or does the board having no security filter suggest its broken badly in some way etc.?

Thanks for all your help,

Bobby

9/10 times 'untested' is just a roundabout way of saying it's broken.

I'm pretty sure you can get a working one from Yahoo Japan for similar money.

I can get a 'untested' Lindbergh yellow for around £175 that doesn't have a CF card, security PIC, or the security filter board.
ask yourself why those things were removed. It's likely because the game stopped working so they took the CF, hard drive and security chip and transplanted it into another working Lindbergh.

you can regularly find Lindberghs on Yahoo Auctions for around 15000Yen (~100 GBP) in tested and working condition .

search here: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search...=&x=0&y=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=2084047781

it looks like there is only one up right now in "junk" (meaning non-working) condition but they're only charging 1000Yen (~7 GBP) for it.

I do buy non-working things all the time but I DONT EVER buy them if
1. it looks like someone attempted a repair
2. it looks like someone removed some parts

if you see those things it's a good sign that someone else has already tried and failed to fix it and a lot of times they will have made the problems worse.

Order IDXE Rate - InfoItem CostSMJ ShipService FeesProcessingTotal

104 JPY12500 JPY2220 JPY4 USD2.5 USD148.0

Here is an example of a won item so you also understand the total cost and feeds. 12500 is the wining bid and the rest are fees and shipping to the where house. That item is a project diva controller giant size and to ship it to me in the USA is an extra $165 on top of the $148 total.

It has, but I got a Taito Type X2 shipped just 3 months ago and shipping that was $86 according to my email.

Like everyone says, get yourself one from a Yahoo Japan auction. Just be patient and you will get one at a decent price in good condition.

Its all about the size/weight/speed of shipping. If the package goes over a certain size by 1 mm it can put you into a higher cost range, same with weight. And yes, the prize of shipping has gone up dramatically in the last year or so.

Its all about the size/weight/speed of shipping. If the package goes over a certain size by 1 mm it can put you into a higher cost range, same with weight
This.

technically the cost is done by weight, but if it's over a certain length or width then they "add weight" based on the size of the box.

i had a carbon fiber panel shipped for my car from Japan. it was quite large but weighed about 2Kg and cost me nearly $200 to ship because of it's physical size.

Thanks for all the comments, I was thinking it was probably quite badly broken if they'd removed the filter board - I know i've definitely made things worse while trying to fix them before!

I'll have a look at yahoo japan. Some of the auctions say (translated into english):
  • No international shipping correspondence
Does this meant they won't ship outside japan?

You use a proxi..twisted wrote a guide and that is what I followed and my first time buying

of all the guides I've written I often regret that one... there is definitely more competition from bidders on YAJ these days :P
Bad Twisted!!!!! :D

But yeah, bidding has almost gone the way of ebay on a lot of stuff on yaj, but at least you do get quality, working products unlike ebay.

As a conclusion just scored a Lindbergh for £80. It sometimes won’t boot up (blank screen), but turning it off and on a few times seems to make it work - so I think all in all a good purchase.

Anyone got any ideas about why it might not boot first try?

Swapped out one of the ram sticks, and that’s seem to have fixed it. Had 2 different brand sticks so must have been replaced before

Back