What's new
I bought the first bug princess for $550 on this forum a while back and paying that kind of money for a game hurt my rational side of the brain, my wallet was ok.. Derick was selling two Cave board a while back for about $600 each and I could not justify paying that much money for a game, paying $1000k for a game? My common sense kicks into high gear screaming HELL NO..

I bought the first bug princess for $550 on this forum a while back and paying that kind of money for a game hurt my rational side of the brain, my wallet was ok.. Derick was selling two Cave board a while back for about $600 each and I could not justify paying that much money for a game, paying $1000k for a game? My common sense kicks into high gear screaming HELL NO..
yeah, i would really love to own some of the games as an original pcb (i absolutely love the mushihimesama games for their gameplay and their graphics, but i really cannot justify the price

but not having a tate setup helps a lot ;( in that regard

Well considering these games cost 2400 USD when they first came out, 1k really isnt that bad for a full kit nowadays to be honest. SDOJ sells for 6k now on YAJ just to give you some perspective.

OMG...if I had SDOJ, it would be for sale right now..I would be laughing all the way to the bank with 6k..crazy..it is not like we are talking early bitcoins here..

Some people snort cocaine, some people buy expensive Cave PCBs and others choose to play Pac Man on a Raspberry Pi...

...as long as it's their money and it makes them happy, that's all that really matters in the end. We only live once, enjoy it however you and your wallet seems fit ya'll!

I wish that I had a pile of SDOJ PCBs, I'll grandly take their money, that makes them and I happy;)

I wish that I had a pile of SDOJ PCBs, I'll grandly take their money, that makes them and I happy;)
If you had a pile of them, they wouldn't be worth 6k. I don't know the exact number of kits that got made, but I want to say it was less than 500.

here's your cue @Derick2k
Ok, here goes ;)

* @Derick2k didn't explicitly asked me for this
Dear Darksoft,
From all us crazy Darksoft arcade multi loving, Cave shmups fanatics who cant afford to buy or just cant get all them games would you please consider making a CV-1000 multi at some point, pretty please ;)
So...I asked nicely, one problem solved :D

Now its up to Cave, so I think you guys know what the answer is going to be :P

Last edited:
Just to throw this out there, Mikado had a Pink Sweets Suicide Club pcb out on the floor for like two or three days, Cave went apeshit and told them to pull it. Just to give you an idea.

Are the parts to create new CV1000 boards still available? I've always wondered if Cave has the capability to just, like... get more CV1000 boards made if they really wanted to. Obviously it'd require a great deal of capital that they probably don't have to get that ball rolling, and I'd guess that's the primary reason preventing that from happening, but with how much their games go for these days, it makes me think that they could make a mint by selling brand-new versions of SDOJ, DFK, Mushi, etc, with clear "THIS IS A REPRINT EDITION" markers on them and the art (and perhaps even the games themselves) at relatively high prices.

It might make the market for the original boards collapse a bit, but Cave don't profit from that and they aren't making money from their existing shmup fanbase, so why should they care?

Are the parts to create new CV1000 boards still available? I've always wondered if Cave has the capability to just, like... get more CV1000 boards made if they really wanted to. Obviously it'd require a great deal of capital that they probably don't have to get that ball rolling, and I'd guess that's the primary reason preventing that from happening, but with how much their games go for these days, it makes me think that they could make a mint by selling brand-new versions of SDOJ, DFK, Mushi, etc, with clear "THIS IS A REPRINT EDITION" markers on them and the art (and perhaps even the games themselves) at relatively high prices.

It might make the market for the original boards collapse a bit, but Cave don't profit from that and they aren't making money from their existing shmup fanbase, so why should they care?
Ikeda will simply retort with, "Mobile". Why would they pony up to make PCBs when they can make digital games that make them tons of money? And yes, that last mobile game they made does very well.

Ikeda will simply retort with, "Mobile". Why would they pony up to make PCBs when they can make digital games that make them tons of money? And yes, that last mobile game they made does very well.
Did it though? They haven't updated any of their old iOS ports to 64-bit, which has rendered them unplayable on iOS11. I remember they did an original DDP mobile game that looked a bit shit and I ignored it, but I can't find that on the App Store at all now. (DDP Maximum I think?) If their mobile efforts really did make them money, they seem to be doing fuck-all with them.

A lot of CAVE fans here!

On the dumping side we are missing the 1 dot version of Espgaluda II.

The one we have is this version:

"Espgaluda II (2005/11/14 MASTER VER)"

This string is shown at the bottom of the region warning screen, if your version has a dot in it please PM me :D

Back