What's new
From what I understand up to now is that you can mod any Phat with JTAG and any Slim with RGH.
You don’t want the latest Slim E as that has no AV connection, just HDMI

Apart from that all Phats and Slims are region free after modding and can do 480p via VGA or Component

UVC is around €150 last time I saw one, but just as rare as some Cave PCB’s :P

A UVC should set you back around 80-100, easy, they are just super difficult to find. I wish some would remake them, atleast possibly make a better version.

BTW-how are those jvspac v2 coming along? :)

It was the only one I got offered in the last year or so, the dude had 2 NOS units IIRC...

@Sp33dFr34k you where in touch with that guy right?

Yeah it was too expensive for my taste, think it was around the €150 mark.

From what I understand up to now is that you can mod any Phat with JTAG and any Slim with RGH.
You don’t want the latest Slim E as that has no AV connection, just HDMI

Apart from that all Phats and Slims are region free after modding and can do 480p via VGA or Component
For JTAG it has to be under a certain (now ancient) dashboard version, though people still sell them on eBay as 'jtagable' consoles.

As Smoke said, going for a Slim with RGH is going to be the best bet these days probably - though if you're unlucky some consoles can take like 30+ seconds to boot with RGH. With JTAG it boots instantly every time.

My RGH's mostly boot within a couple of seconds, other times it can take 10 seconds or so. Once in a blue moon I might get a 20 second waiting time. Not bad for the benefits of it though!

Just to throw this out there, Mikado had a Pink Sweets Suicide Club pcb out on the floor for like two or three days, Cave went apeshit and told them to pull it. Just to give you an idea.
It was there for 4 weeks and Cave did not request that it be removed at all.

Total derail, but I found one of my slim limited kits, still kinda minty :)
IMG_0486.jpg

Totally unmodded, whats the best way to go about modding these? Been a long time, last time I did any 360 modding it was all about spoofing drives and what not.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 76
This is derailing.

How do i temporary reprogram my Futari 1.5 to a black label for example?
I see there is an extra header soldered on the Pink Sweets pcb. What hardware do i need?

Edit: So i see we have P2 and P4 , and P4 is the Jtag. They mounted a header for P2 (this is mostly unpopulated on many pcb's.)
From what i can find at least 'program' rom area is available to r/w on the Jtag port.
Sound chips are not exposed / writeable?

Last edited:
My 360 has a xKey360 ODE, I never tried any other mod, thought.. with the x386key I just put the regular scene ISOs in the external HDD, the ISOs are then browsable in the dashboard and everything seems to works perfectly..

the ISOs are then browsable in the dashboard and everything seems to works perfectly..
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the disadvantage to using a ODE is disc images can't not be altered in ANY way.
This is because the binary signature check is still enabled.

The reset glitch hack should effectively disable the binary signature check, so game code could be replaced/altered.

mmm I never tried myself.. I just played the ISOs as they are.. what kind of alteration do you mean? patching the ISO to change the region for example?

i personally own a ketsui PCB... I like the sound of it.. but i don't want anyone getting in trouble for it

I just played the ISOs as they are.. what kind of alteration do you mean? patching the ISO to change the region for example?
Depends... The disc/file layout of some ISO's may allow for some minor alteration.
Like say flipping values in a *.ini file minor.

Changes made by patching the main *.xex however, would clearly fail signature (its based on SHA1 hashes, some more info below) check and refuse to boot.

Immediately after the File Allocation Table is the root directory cluster. The root directory clustercontains a list of file records that represent the files and directories present in the root directory ofthe file system. Unlike other directories the root directory can only occupy one cluster and soaccessing it does not require any File Allocation Table lookups. File records contain the name, size,starting cluster and access/modified/created time stamps of files and directories. If a file record isallocated with all bytes set to 0xFF this signifies the end of the directory

Last edited by a moderator:
Back