What's new

Yippikaye

Professional
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We already talked about the feasability of a CAVE CV1000B Multi and the possibility to get involved in legal issues by CAVE layers and so.

But during the Stunfest I saw a PCB of Pink Sweets Suicide Club running on original hardware. This version was made by the "Four Horsemen" team and it is not an official game made by CAVE.

There is a topic on the CAVE-STG Forum here

And here a picture of the kit

Pink Sweets SC.jpg

If they were able to do it, someone else can do it, and I think that we have the skills on this forum to do it :rolleyes:

How do we proceed now ? :P

I don't think it's the skills lacking, it's that CAVE has enforced their IP rights in the past, so nobody wants to work on an expensive hardware projected only to get a cease & desist letter when they're done.

If "Four Horsemen" did something, and show it up at a convention... why not try to do a Multi, even without downloaded games in it.

Darksoft could totally design a Cave multi, but as mentioned above threat of legal action would force it to remain underground.
We don't need any C&D's from a Cave tipped off by a bunch of haters from another web site/forum... :whistling:

If "Four Horsemen" did something, and show it up at a convention... why not try to do a Multi, even without downloaded games in it.
There's quite a large difference between making a romhack and releasing a method to pirate other games.

It has been known for years how to do conversions on cave1k, they are just not practical to do given the risk damaging a very expensive and hard to find boards.

There is also the mistake that thinking because a board can be converted, it means it is possible to make a "multi". This is not true, especially with board sets that use surface mount devices without cartridge type connectors.

Man, why isn't ketsui a C1000 board. Mine is messed up and would have sent it to be experimented on.

Looks like Pink Sweets Suicide Club has been released in ROM form for those who want to play via MAME (or, indeed, try converting their own boards :/ ).

http://suicideclub.gameordie.com/

Didn't see a topic dedicated to just Suicide Club anywhere on here, not sure if someone wants to split it off. PS is far from my favourite Cave shmup, but I'm interested in what pros and fans think of it and how it was done.

Looks like Pink Sweets Suicide Club has been released in ROM form for those who want to play via MAME (or, indeed, try converting their own boards :/ ).

http://suicideclub.gameordie.com/

Didn't see a topic dedicated to just Suicide Club anywhere on here, not sure if someone wants to split it off. PS is far from my favourite Cave shmup, but I'm interested in what pros and fans think of it and how it was done.
I'll be interested to see if anyone can patch this into the 360 version.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Exa-Arcadia has some sort of functionality for these fan games, let alone Cave's catalog to be played down the line...

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Exa-Arcadia has some sort of functionality for these fan games, let alone Cave's catalog to be played down the line...
If Exa-Arcadia wants to stay on the right path, they will not go for mods of commercial games.
Indie stuff they are already doing - which is great.

As soon as CAVE knows about this, the one making the multi will get a C&D letter.
What IF the maker kept production a secret until it was totally finished.
Then ran a one day fire sale on the entire run of boards with the warning message it would never be produced again.

C&D letters maybe, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube at that point so... ;)

As soon as CAVE knows about this, the one making the multi will get a C&D letter.
What IF the maker kept production a secret until it was totally finished.Then ran a one day fire sale on the entire run of boards with the warning message it would never be produced again.

C&D letters maybe, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube at that point so... ;)
When and were do I send my money and board.

Having never played any Cave shooters, I'm going to check some out so then I can be sad like the rest of you that there is no multi!

That being said, as I read the forums and keep sing C&D in the Cave threads, it just keeps making me think of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs... that is all.

What IF the maker kept production a secret until it was totally finished.Then ran a one day fire sale on the entire run of boards with the warning message it would never be produced again.

No, but you can get a preliminary injunction that freezes the toothpastes bank account lol.

Back