What's new
Hi! :)

Question it is more advantageous to have a Taito G-NET motherboard for
the future ZN 2 multi or a basic ZN 2 will have the same advantages :?:
Thank you ;)

@Hammy I have this pcb but it’s not a socketed chip. Is it worth pulling out or do we know that brute force not work on it?
If you really want to have a PLD (PAL, GAL, PEEL, etc.) brute-forced (even if protected and registered) you can send it to me with the board to test it. Quickly becomes costly.

@Hammy I have this pcb but it’s not a socketed chip. Is it worth pulling out or do we know that brute force not work on it?
If you really want to have a PLD (PAL, GAL, PEEL, etc.) brute-forced (even if protected and registered) you can send it to me with the board to test it. Quickly becomes costly.
Oh I recently built a dumper and pulled this chip off already. My security chip seems dead though so I can’t test the dump myself. Soon though, I think I found a backup

Wow great to see some ZN love, myself I have a SFEX2 working, but I also have two zn-1 boards that refuse to work, one does black screen and the other one is stuck on colo bars (no matter which board I use out of 3 (2x sfex, 1x toshiden2).
anyone had any luck repairing zn-1 or any advice, I guess the best one to try would be the one stuck in color bars. at first, everything looks correct under the scope, no broken or bent pins, no cap leaks etc.
I also wanted to add this to the forum, one of my sfex boards seems to be a conversion of some sort as the jumpers look modified and also they use 29f016 adapters.

IMG-4078.jpg

I'd throw those flash things and replace them with 27c322
Board is not a convert, it has the real keychip. Looks like a repair or something...
I'd do the same, the worst part about those flash modules though is that they tend to damage the socket by stretching out the pin contacts since they use pin header pins instead of IC sized pins.

Thanks for the advice, wasn't 100% sure if I could just swap them, but will do and retry that particular ROM board.
wish there was a bit more documentation online for repairs though, both zn-1 look clean and nothing seems damaged even under the scope. :/

Back