What's new
I have absolutely no idea. All the pins marked CRxx on your pic (including the ones used for game kick buttons) are fully programmable and can be set as input or output by the game any time, freely.

Hello guys. I have two Cards Dispensers, whoever wants one, I send to the US.

In fact, Card Dispenser options were made for South America (Orange) and some Hispanic (Gray) cards.

Here in Brazil Romstar was the representative of Capcom between the years 1993 to 1999. At that time some games have the option of Card Dispenser in setup: Configuration. In this option you can activate the Card Dispenser to release cards that at the time Romstar produced in the format of 64mmx89mm. That's it, sorry English, because I'm translating in Google translator.

Hispanic (Gray) cards.
Hispanic is actually the orange boards. Gray boards are ASIA region (Hong Kong/Singapore and other countries on the Asia region except Japan which is Green...). What discern other region boards from Brazil region boards is that the external casing of the B board are marked with a branding iron which says: "Certificado CAPCOM Qualidade ". capcom_branding.png

Thanks for the photos, that's great! If you ever come across another, please let me know! :D
-ud
I have two. One is in my Capcom Romstar machine produced here in Brazil in the 90's. The other was wanting to put on a machine that I'll have to do from scratch, a Big Blue Q-Sound from the USA. But if you want to see this Card Dispenser, it's working perfectly. My email: liperyu@gmail.com

Brazil boards can be anything, Green, Gray, Orange even Yellow (Yellow is supposed to actually be rental boards) but they will always be marked with that logo on them. Since the plastic is melted and then painted silver like that it's impossible to undo.

Hispanic (Gray) cards.
Hispanic is actually the orange boards. Gray boards are ASIA region (Hong Kong/Singapore and other countries on the Asia region except Japan which is Green...). What discern other region boards from Brazil region boards is that the external casing of the B board are marked with a branding iron which says: "Certificado CAPCOM Qualidade ".capcom_branding.png
Right. True, the Hispanic came in many orange plaques. Thanks for the correction.

The power of the Card Dispenser comes through the extra kick whip. In the image that is attached, comes the whole configuration.
Configuration of the wires in the kick whip.
Interesting. it seems that these are just "prize cards"

based on that picture it seems that these are the wires used for card dispenser:
1 = [black/white] GND
3 = [red] +5V
5 = [yellow] +12V
7 = [pink/white] ??
22= [gray/white] ??
26= [blue/white] ??

with only 3 data lines I'd suspect 1 is an output to trigger a card to dispense and the other two are inputs for "empty" and "ready"

Which games supported the card dispenser?

The power of the Card Dispenser comes through the extra kick whip. In the image that is attached, comes the whole configuration.
Configuration of the wires in the kick whip.
Interesting. it seems that these are just "prize cards"
based on that picture it seems that these are the wires used for card dispenser:
1 = [black/white] GND
3 = [red] +5V
5 = [yellow] +12V
7 = [pink/white] ??
22= [gray/white] ??
26= [blue/white] ??

with only 3 data lines I'd suspect 1 is an output to trigger a card to dispense and the other two are inputs for "empty" and "ready"

Which games supported the card dispenser?
In fact I do not know specifically what binds the strands pink with white, gray with white and blue with white. I'm a layman in electronics.

The cards that appear in the Card Dispenser setup are:
All that are Brazil and some Hispanic from Street Fighter Zero.

https://ibb.co/b2OwkU

Brazil boards can be anything, Green, Gray, Orange even Yellow (Yellow is supposed to actually be rental boards) but they will always be marked with that logo on them. Since the plastic is melted and then painted silver like that it's impossible to undo.
Leonard do you know how the codes were inserted in the Brazilian roms so that they had the option of turning the CARD DISPENSER on and off?

Leonard do you know how the codes were inserted in the Brazilian roms so that they had the option of turning the CARD DISPENSER on and off?
Nothing is inserted. The USA/JPN/EURO ROMs have the code to access the card dispenser, they just don't use it. Change the ROM region to BRAZIL and the card dispenser function will become available.

Nothing is inserted. The USA/JPN/EURO ROMs have the code to access the card dispenser, they just don't use it. Change the ROM region to BRAZIL and the card dispenser function will become available.
I understood Leonard, and to change the region of the game do I have to burn eproms 3 and 4 for the Brazil region?

Actually some games you can just change a byte somewhere on the rom to change the region. I suggest you instead write all brazilian roms because if you don't do that the memory test may fail.

I just recently got a Hispanic SFA3, and was intrigued by the "NO CARD" message that it displayed upon bootup, and then in the settings an option to enable a 'C.DISPENSER'.
Attached some pics of the game running on my setup.

I never knew such thing existed, and only for South American markets !

What's funny is that even though the MAME source code mentions this :
MAME source code' said:
- Some Hispanic/Brazil region sets have settings adjustable for a card dispenser.
Many times, this is defaulted to ON. Since MAME at this time does not emulate
this unique dispenser, you will get a "NO CARD" message flashing on the screen
for these sets unless you enter Service Mode and adjust CONFIGURATION > SYSTEM >
C. DISPENSER to OFF. An example of a game which does this is Street Fighter 3
Alpha.
I do not get the "NO CARD" message in MAME, even if the 'C.DISPENSER' setting in 'ON'.

Attachments

• IMG_7379.jpg
    IMG_7379.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7380.jpg
    IMG_7380.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 156
Back