What's new

chrisapple

Student
Reaction score
Anybody Making a Super Street fighter 2 Tournament (or SSF2X,Hyper...) pcb ? That will sure boot the sale of CPS2 Multi up.

What are you talking about exactly?

What I mean it's the PCB that (link kit PCB for the CPS-2 - that is for Super Street Fighter 2 : The Tournament Battle)

What I mean it's the PCB that (link kit PCB for the CPS-2 - that is for Super Street Fighter 2 : The Tournament Battle)
Ok. We have thought about it before. The biggest problem is that only one game needs the link pcb so there was not much interest. Also, four pcbs are required for the game to even boot. If there is a lot more interest then we might do it.

I'm interest. But you can also make so other game will work too.

I'd love to see other games converted for link. If that happens then I'll make a batch of those tournament PCBs...

So I need 4 CPS2 and four multi kits + link kit? Count me in!

How does the link thing look like?

I have one of these somewhere in the garage. Mitsu has four :) so he can make tournaments.

Can you please make such boards? I would buy 4 from you!
In addition I would take one multi and 2 full sets (multi + A + B), when those comms are available!

Just watched mitsurugi-w video and need to have that! Need! Really need!

Last edited:
Can you please make such boards? I would buy 4 from you!
In addition I would take one multi and 2 full sets (multi + A + B), when those comms are available!

Just watched mitsurugi-w video and need to have that! Need! Really need!
LOL :)

I'll let you know when I start working on it. Copying an already existing PCB is not that complicated as making a new one from scratch.

Reactions: nio
Yep, via Internet. Not everybody can meet with all needed stuff, but lot of people would love to held online tournaments.

Yep, via Internet. Not everybody can meet with all needed stuff, but lot of people would love to held online tournaments.
true, it is difficult to make it happen with all the necessary items, but if it were online, it would lose the funnest part: "Musical Chairs" aka the mad/confusing shuffle to get to the proper station before the next fight starts. Without that, there's not a whole lot of reason to play regular SSF2.

How do you want to play it online? You would need teleportation to get to the correct station!

How do you want to play it online? You would need teleportation to get to the correct station!
You'd need a server to make that happen. Also on each CPS2 you'd need an adapter to com port (IIRC that was RS232) and a client running on the PC. Not that it would be very complicated on the software side, but rather on the hardware. I guess you could also do it just with an arduino on each client...

Doesn't solve the problem of each station being assigned a number and the need to get out of your chair and physically move to a different station after each round. So IMO it's not possible by simply altering the hardware or software a bit. It would need a fundamental program rewrite.

Doesn't solve the problem of each station being assigned a number and the need to get out of your chair and physically move to a different station after each round. So IMO it's not possible by simply altering the hardware or software a bit. It would need a fundamental program rewrite.
Very true.

Still would love to have four complete sets for local play.

You'd need a server to make that happen. Also on each CPS2 you'd need an adapter to com port (IIRC that was RS232) and a client running on the PC. Not that it would be very complicated on the software side, but rather on the hardware. I guess you could also do it just with an arduino on each client...
if you can develop an adruino board or an adapter that hook up to existing arcade hardware CPS3, CPS2 and connect to a server and allow people to play online, I will be down for to buy some. I've been dreaming to play Third Strike online with friends on actual CPS3 board. Please make this happen

Last edited:
Back