What's new
Man, haven’t caught up with this thread for a while, sign me up for these multi boards :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just want fighter and attacker. I use to play it at the peppermill in reno Nevada. It took mr 15 years to find out the name of the game just from going through each vert shooter and trying to recognize the music. All I remembered it had a very technoy sound track.

how do I hook up stereo for the na1 board
I believe if the game is set to stereo by jumper and/or in the system menu then the left channel comes out on the JAMMA edge and the right channel on the 48-pin expansion connector, I think there is also unamplified "headphone" output (both channels) available on the expansion connector as well.

I have a Fighter/Attacker manual and it's utterly useless and doesn't even mention the expansion connector or explain any of the system options, but the pinout and stereo setup is described in the Numan Athletics Manual: https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/N/Numan Athletics Operation Manual.pdf

For anybody crazy enough to work on this board needs to know:
there is 2 different types of NA1 motherboard. the 8624961200 and the 8624961104 DO NOT MIX PARTS!!!

This also means there's 3 different parts list for this pcb if you also include the na2.

I'm back to 3 working motherboards again so back to a nice level of good hardware for testing.

Here is the troll repair log where the above caught me out:

Got a NA1-A Cosmo Gang today. Ready for the multi. Until then, i'm gladly to use @Hammy's Exvania patched release. Thank you guys for your research on this project !

Good news!

A helping hand has appeared and the namco board is now on it's 3rd and final revision.
I was working on it that hard yesterday the heat sink fell off my processor - the fan was going that fast LOL
Lucky the work was saved :D

The parts list is close to final = only the main connector left to add and a few mistakes to fix / error checking.

The jat stuff has been dropped due to not worth the cost in roms and nobody can understand them...

Of cause jap versions can be substituted in the spaces. Rom space is very tight due to the high meg count.

The wait is not over... a couple more months yet ;)

Final features;

Games list is:

1 Knuckle heads
2 Numan Athletics
3 F/A
4 Tinkle Pit
5 Cosmo gang
6 Emeraldia
7 Super World Court
8 Exvania

Keycus in hardware for real RNG and less hacky roms :D

2x backup ram 'profiles'
You can have 2 'defaults' setup for horizontal / vertical cabinets.. or 4 player and 2 player cabinet (no messing about with test menu's each time)

The backup ram can be easily dumped so can share highscores and other things like trojan parts of the board such as key customs / bios. And Debugging :D

Storage : 13x 27c322 roms - not 3 volts flash rubbish :P

Possibility for expansion / onscreen menu someday but the board will come fist.

Last edited:
A massive thanks to @caius for helping getting this thing finished and getting the schematics translated to PCB correctly.
Without him this would still be on 0.3 version and stuck in schematics format ;)

A test run is on order, hopefully she works!

Ok, sleep time now
:D

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 180

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 178
Some more....This should keep you all tied over till it's ready ;)
To run tinkle pit on the 'short board' with a quick wire hack :

Code:
MAME .... SHORTBD
7f        5f
6f        4f
3f        3f
2f        2f
4f        piggyback on 2f with pin 24 connected to new line
7c        5c
6c        4c
3c        3c
2c        2c
4c        piggyback on 2c with pin 24 connected to new line

Make sure pin 24 of stacked roms are not connected to the lower chip

Make sure piggyback chips are soldered to lower chips. You can use a socket if you like.

New line = pin 14 of NA1R10

Use patched prog. roms and mame GFX roms.

Keycus can stay in place, it's only removed for demonstration.
Video running:

Last edited:
Back