What's new
so how are the games mapped across the multi?
What like? How to add rom dumps to it?

We are in 16 bit mode now so OH + OL = O
Way less confusing. I think it will run dumps from out of mame debugger too without any changes!
Also much better than the 257 method of interface for 322's.

You can run any binary you like on bank 1, the onscreen menu will be in there when / if i can hook it up.

Complete!
There was 2 mistakes overall and one was confusing (ram won't write). Turned out 2 lines switched by mistake on my schematic!
Fixed with patch wire!

Runs the patched sets ok, it needs keycus section testing still.

As a bonus for twisted, a legend of whats in each rom :)

Attachments

• IMAG2110[1].jpg
    IMAG2110[1].jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
@xtrasmiley ... Hey, Mo ... if you didn't find yet a board for this purpose. i paid 130$ for my board + shipping + customs . i don't know how what i posted here will goes,but i don't think goes that higher (the price i paid for Cosmo Gang)

here you go :

- https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j621835566

- https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p742960687
Thank you, price is good, but the sound section looks bad... do the work?
maybe deserve a recap and will should resolve the sound problem. but the other one doesn't have any issue (sold for 10000 yeni - add the costs here for local shipping + international shipping + customs),but it's almost double price....but it's cheap than i paid for my NA-1 .

Last edited:
Yeah, based on Hammy's experience, one's without sound already, might be beyond repair, so it's better to pay for a fully working one if it's only a bit more in price.

Of course, I way overpaid for my board... :(

I missed out on the days of $50 games it seems!

Before you start reccaping (capacitors replacement) your NA1 board ... make a list with what capacitors values you have on it and check these tutorials if match with your needs :

Tutorial 1

Tutorial 2 - this is writed and described in japanese language.

Last edited:
Hi! Hammy thanks for your work!

I tried to convert Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou (NA-2 with NA E4M8(B)ROM PCB long board with C365 Keycus) to Fighter and attacker but it doesn't work... The game is stuck on the self test (ram, palette...). I tried with cosmo gang and i'v got the same issue...
Do you think your hacked sets work on this rom board? (i tried 2 differents working Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou rom boards with the same result)

Thanks! ^^

I don't have that keycus to test with, (i also don't have the tinkle pit original keycus to test either)

Cosmo gang should run with no keycus installed, make sure you have checked all your rom traces for damage.

NA2romboards.JPG

Here are my 2 Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou rom boards. Both are working fine with original Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou rom set installed. Both are stuck in self test if i try your hacked rom sets (whatever the game i try, even cosmo gang).

If you want, i can send you a rom board if you want to study this keycus...

If you can desolder the keycus without damaging try without that.
I can swap for another board or swap keycus' if you like, my guess is this keycus has an extra trick like point blank / tinkle pit do.

@twistedsymphony reported issues with a quiz board before, is it the same keycus? He got something running in the end, not sure what!

@twistedsymphony reported issues with a quiz board before, is it the same keycus? He got something running in the end, not sure what!
I don't remember exactly but believe I was using Netto Geku to try to make an Emereldia and running into problems. I think I solved it by swapping out the KeyCus from another donor PCB.

You're right Hammy! I just desoldered the key-cus and now cosmo gang play fine! I can also start F/A , add credits but it resets when start button is pushed (i guess it's because of the missing key-cus).

Yeah it's a funny keycus in that case, it must lock the board down if not operated as normal like the point blank one does on the NB1 hardware.

You're right Hammy! I just desoldered the key-cus and now cosmo gang play fine! I can also start F/A , add credits but it resets when start button is pushed (i guess it's because of the missing key-cus).
Excellent! If you want to swap the keycus with me for another one that works with the patches, send a PM :)

Back