What's new

malarrya

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the noob question but I wanted to make sure it's possible to connect the jamma wire harness, to a 60 in 1 PCB (or any multi-game PCB), simply by attaching the jamma harness to the new PCB? From what I can tell, it is. I think I would need a PC power supply instead of using the Naomi PS but I wasn't sure if the 15k monitor would display the video properly. I'm going off this tutorial:
https://www.ultracabs.co.uk/jamma-60-in-1-guide-33-w.asp

Thanks!

I'm using an Asus P236H monitor with all dip switches down for what that is worth.

I wouldn't want to change the monitor out for an LCD. I like the original hefty 29" monitor it has. I'm pretty sure it would work. The MarvelvsCapcom2 cabinet I have already has a Net DIMM for playing many games but I wanted to get an original hardware arcade machine playing some arcade classics as well. I may also eventually splice a Dreamcast into the cabinet.

I have a Hyperspin cabinet that can do all these games but it would be a fun and, I think, easy project to have the MvsC2 play old games as well.

I have a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 machine with the cartridge taken out and replaced with a Net DIMM. I have the Net DIMM hooked up to a wireless bridge so I can netboot dozens of other games to the MvsC2 machine. :)

I'd like to get a 60 in 1 PCB (or ANY PCB for that matter) to swap the Jamma wire harness in and out between the Naomi games and classic games. Just was checking here with the experts first to see if it would work.

If your monitor is tri-sync or can do 15k and 31k you are all set.
Sega Naomi Dip switch 1 in the Down position will make it run at 31k and if you flip it Up it will play in 15k. The majority of the old games will play in 15k no problem. There are a few exceptions to some games that are medium rez like Jurassic Park 2 and some Midway boards like Cruizn Usa but you should be fine for most games.
A 161 in 1 board should be straight plug and play

If your monitor is tri-sync or can do 15k and 31k you are all set.
Sega Naomi Dip switch 1 in the Down position will make it run at 31k and if you flip it Up it will play in 15k. The majority of the old games will play in 15k no problem. There are a few exceptions to some games that are medium rez like Jurassic Park 2 and some Midway boards like Cruizn Usa but you should be fine for most games.
A 161 in 1 board should be straight plug and play
Thanks, @lukemorse1. I think my monitor might do 31k but I'd have to check again. I think my biggest concern was the power needs for any PCB I tried to swap in. The article I referenced in my first post seems to say that a PC power supply is necessary. I wonder if the native Naomi power supply work on these multi-game PCBs as well?
If I could get the machine to play all theses Naomi games (as it already does) then a few dozen classic arcade games, that'd be so awesome!

What type of cab is it? If it's JVS, then the advice that can be provided will be different than if it's a standard JAMMA cab.

Some pics of how your NAOMI is connected would be helpful.

What type of cab is it? If it's JVS, then the advice that can be provided will be different than if it's a standard JAMMA cab.

Some pics of how your NAOMI is connected would be helpful.
Here's what I have in my MvsC2 box. I replaced the wires with a standard JAMMA wire harness. I know that the kick harness wouldn't work with a multi PCB but it seems like, otherwise, there shouldn't be a problem since I am really just unplugging the wire harness from the I/O board and plugging it into a PCB. There's also a 2nd PS for the sound amp.

This forum thread seems to say it would work: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=95942.0

Attachments

• io_board.jpg
    io_board.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 58
  • naomi.jpg
    naomi.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 55
  • power_supply.jpg
    power_supply.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
If it's JAMMA, then you won't need the additional psu or an atx, with a 60-in-1. Just connect the 60-in-1 to the jamma connector and you're done.

You may already know, but be aware that 60-in-1's are typically vertical games.

It's a JVS machine. It looks like I need a JVS to JAMMA converter board. It would probably be cheaper/easier to get an old vertical JAMMA cab. Here's a video about this very subject:

I did want the vertical games specifically, anyways. I may, in a few years, also try to track down a Haunted House pinball machine.

Back