Sega System 24 multi kit sale & support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Apocalypse wrote:

Sorry for the late answer.
      The 2 missing pins is absolutely not normal, I've used a thick layer of foam to protect them, then 4 or 5 layer of bubble wrap then 4 or 5 layers of packing paper...
      How could it have happened with all these...

Anyway if you're board threw a ROM error before then maybe it's faulty.

Where did you get your flat floppy cable? All the cables I've seen on System 24 were pure parallel, no twisted pairs.
      Seems wrong to me, otherwise it looks correctly oriented.
      Don't know what to tell you….
      Seems strange to me too, but i don't have those pins, so for now i have to solder two wires to bypass the problem, but of course it's not something i like.
      regarding the rom error i had it before and i have it now, so it should be something broken into the pcb.
      I will know in some weeks, when i'll receive another system24.

I also tried with the floppy cable to be pure parallel, since i cut and resolder all the wires, but i Always got rom error.
      So to be able to check what the problem is, i have to wait for the other s24 system.
    • glstar wrote:

Don't know what to tell you….Seems strange to me too, but i don't have those pins, so for now i have to solder two wires to bypass the problem, but of course it's not something i like.
      Has it been opened by the customs?
      I had several things damaged/badly repacked after custom inspections... :(
      Looking for an OutRun board.

• Apocalypse wrote:

glstar wrote:

Don't know what to tell you….Seems strange to me too, but i don't have those pins, so for now i have to solder two wires to bypass the problem, but of course it's not something i like.
      Has it been opened by the customs?I had several things damaged/badly repacked after custom inspections... :(
      I can't remember, but i notice that this chip was not completely covered by the bubbles and that the package was a little too tiny.
      But apart from this i cannot notice anything from the outside
    • Hey, I finally found a Gain Ground board (I probably overpaid big time, but it use to be one of my favorite games!), it's non-working, but I'm hoping with this multi I can play this and Crackdown! I think I'm on the list, but if not, please add me and let me know when to pay!

That being said, where can I find an inexpensive 68000 CPU as it looks like there is nothing on the board I just bought.

Also, I only have the floppy kit, so the multi will still work, just be limited to those floppy games correct?
    • xtrasmiley wrote:

Hey, I finally found a Gain Ground board (I probably overpaid big time, but it use to be one of my favorite games!), it's non-working, but I'm hoping with this multi I can play this and Crackdown! I think I'm on the list, but if not, please add me and let me know when to pay!

That being said, where can I find an inexpensive 68000 CPU as it looks like there is nothing on the board I just bought.

Also, I only have the floppy kit, so the multi will still work, just be limited to those floppy games correct?
      First you must ensure your board is fully working before installing the kit.
      Then you're correct, you'll be limited to floppy games only, but to be honest that's not really a limitation (romboard based games are quiz or mahjong games) except for Bonanza Bros.

• As far as I know without a ROM board with ROMs inserted or a floppy controller without floppy you can't even access at the service menu and you will not get anything else than a black screen. The only thing you can see is the floppy message error if you insert a floppy that doesn't contain a system 24 game (or you insert the floppy the data cable upside down) and you power on the board

The post was edited 3 times, last by sk8er000 ().

• 2 bugs have been found by @sk8er000, luckily they were very easy to fix.
      @glstar, @Derick2k, please update files DSKA0000.hfe and DSKA0003.hfe on the USB stick.

DSKA0000.hfe = fixes a bug in Bonanza Bros where ground disappeared after clearing first stage in 2 player mode
      DSKA0003.hfe = fixes a bug in Gain Ground where sprites would still be visible when entering service mode

DSKA0000.zip

DSKA0003.zip

Thanks again to @sk8er000 for his precious feedback.

• Better late than never... @Apocalypse I found a sys24 quiz game so please add me to the multi list! I hope that floppy controller is happening at some point, I'll need one of those too.
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff
    • sk8er000 wrote:

Apocalypse wrote:

All the cables I've seen on System 24 were pure parallel, no twisted pairs.
      mee to since recently on a eBay auction for a suicided board. Anyway I'm not saying that is the right cable.
      You can use that cable, as long as you have connectors for 2 drives, hook up the connector before the twist to the floppy drive. All the twist does is determine which floppy drive is primary or slave (A or B) since those drives dont have jumpers to select which is which so you do it with the cable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Derick2k ().

• Ok, put in some serious testing :D of the Sys 24 multi the last couple of days, all I can says is amazing work from @Apocalypse again :thumbsup:

Check these pics out, they are crappy quality with the iphone but man, these games look gorgeous. Of course, Im showing the top 4 games which are the reason why you have to own this system.

I dont care ehat they say, Bonanza Bros had to be the inspiration of where Illumination Entertainment got the idea for the minions.
    • Looks great! I played a bit of Bonanza Bros in MAME and it's pretty fun. Gain Ground Crackdown and Scramble Sprites look great too.

The System 24 PCB setup annoys the hell out of me though, with that floppy controller mounted on the bottom like that and even the floppy drive just kind of hanging out separately. I can't wait to get this multi in my hands so I can see what I can do to fix that mess :P

I might need to swap one of my E29s to Medium res mode just to play it.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

Looks great! I played a bit of Bonanza Bros in MAME and it's pretty fun. Gain Ground Crackdown and Scramble Sprites look great too.

The System 24 PCB setup annoys the hell out of me though, with that floppy controller mounted on the bottom like that and even the floppy drive just kind of hanging out separately. I can't wait to get this multi in my hands so I can see what I can do to fix that mess :P

I might need to swap one of my E29s to Medium res mode just to play it.
      Agree, I was going to do some custom plexi for it to put it all together, but looks like it might need some custom 3d printed parts as well.

You need to trade me one of your E29 :D
    • xtrasmiley wrote:

Hey, I finally found a Gain Ground board (I probably overpaid big time, but it use to be one of my favorite games!), it's non-working, but I'm hoping with this multi I can play this and Crackdown! I think I'm on the list, but if not, please add me and let me know when to pay!

I have spare CPUs - I can send one if you can't find one reasonably priced closer to home.

I think I've managed to get a system 24 so I might be up for one of these soon - I assume from reading that the ROM board can't be reproduced (I really want to play Bonanza Bros) - does anyone have a spare?

Also wouldn't mind an IO board for Hot Rod, but I guess I'd also need a steering wheel

The post was edited 1 time, last by xodaraP ().