Sega System 24 multi kit sale & support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes I mostly use the scart input for nearly every arcade system (even on the Naomi I'm using a kenzei in order to combine the sync for the scart input. In my opinion I get a better result in that way).
      I use the VGA input only with the f3 (and it looks awesome).
      I've tried the MVS with the VGA input once but the image was worse than with the scart input.
    • sk8er000 wrote:

I've tried the MVS with the VGA input once but the image was worse than with the scart input.
      I had the same results, and the same feelings... VGA is for F3, well and real VGA devices, SCART should be the go-to connection for 15khz/24khz with a OSSC.
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• jassin000 wrote:

I had the same results, and the same feelings... VGA is for F3, well and real VGA devices, SCART should be the go-to connection for 15khz.
      SCART is definitely the best for the 15k generation. Fun fact, it's a French invention and has be made compulsory on all TV sets from 1980 (and dropped in 2015!). We might have had 50Hz but we had RGB all the way! (With few exceptions like the fake RGB the FR NES outputs cause it's recreated from composite, and the N64 is in between, first FR models had support for it but the final stage of RGB amplification was dropped, probably to cut costs. Good news is by fitting the missing parts you get true RGB the way Nintendo intended).

P.S.: SCART means Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs :D
      Looking for an OutRun board.
    • LOL, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. From the HAS to the OSSC to an LCD TV, the VGA/SCART output looks identical. I mean, I have looked really, really close, and maybe on a static screen that is one solid color, like white or light blue, there might be some difference, I assume the LPF, but outside of that, it looks identical!

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing that I'm not. BELIEVE ME, I want to have the best picture, so I'm not fighting you guys on this, I just don't see it.

Can you give me a clear example, like: "Use this Game, these settings on VGA, these on SCART, see the difference near the power bar"

Something like that will help me see what you are talking about.

That being said, it looks like I am missing a CPU.

• Apocalypse wrote:

all TV sets from 1980 (and dropped in 2015!). We might have had 50Hz but we had RGB all the way!
      Same here but unfortunately all those countries with all those RGB TVs are PAL countries so we had the cool TVs but most of the games were bad ports from the ntsc/60hz counterparts. But if you consider the retro PCs like the commodore 64 or Amiga 500 we were on the right place :D .

And I remember the French SMS (the model 1 without rf) with the adapteur rvb (that was basically an external RGB amp). That was a good console to use with RGB (mostly because is a NTSC motherboard with a pal oscillator)
      Images
      • IMG_20181110_233243_317.jpg

195.7 kB, 960×1,280, viewed 7 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by sk8er000 ().

• xtrasmiley wrote:

Can you give me a clear example, like: "Use this Game, these settings on VGA, these on SCART, see the difference near the power bar"
      Mortal Kombat II (Midway T-Unit) PCB, OSSC 3x scale output, iScan DVDO unlock 60.0hz/50.0hz.
      These settings on VGA port result in a black (no sync) screen.
      These same settings using the SCART port result in game play (ie it actually works).

It's more than just a LPF, and I've been trying to tell you that for months now.
      Rather then keep fighting... Just try the damn SCART cable as Jesus intended. :P

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]
    • New

jassin000 wrote:

xtrasmiley wrote:

Mortal Kombat II (Midway T-Unit) PCB, OSSC 3x scale output, iScan DVDO unlock 60.0hz/50.0hz.These settings on VGA port result in a black (no sync) screen.
      These same settings using the SCART port result in game play (ie it actually works).

It's more than just a LPF, and I've been trying to tell you that for months now.
      Rather then keep fighting... Just try the damn SCART cable as Jesus intended. :P
      As far as your example, I don't own that game to test, and also you are not showing an example where the SCART connection is clearer. What I meant was, give me an example (of a game I can test, ie I own) that somehow the SCART output is cleaner/better than the set up I am using. The only thing you keep saying is "use SCART" and I'm telling you that is a lot more work because there is no way to easily switch between the settings to use an F3 multi setup. Also, every game I have and have tried, works great without the SCART.

It's not really more than the LPF as you haven't been able to demonstrate that it is! Trust me, I'll believe you when you prove it, just as Science intended! :P
    • New

xtrasmiley wrote:

It's not really more than the LPF as you haven't been able to demonstrate that it is
      I did demonstrate that it is... MK2 works via SCART and not via VGA with the same/identical OSSC settings.
      Nothing but the connector/port used is any different.
      If it was just a LPF as you say, they would/should both work, but that simply isn't the case.

xtrasmiley wrote:

I'm telling you that is a lot more work because there is no way to easily switch between the settings to use an F3 multi setup
      Yes, actually there is a super/retarded easy way to switch between both styles of connector quickly.

First you need a 8pin mini din to SCART cable, then you also need a 8pin mini din to VGA cable, then you get a 8pin mini din manual switch box.
      The HAS is connected to the switch box with a straight cable, both (SCART/VGA) cables are connected to the switch box...
      In position A you are outputting via SCART cable, in position B you are outputting in VGA cable.

My god why do I even have to explain how this works. :cursing:

The post was edited 2 times, last by jassin000 ().

• New

actually many things can change from a connector to another, it''s probably something related to sync, vga uses H+V and scart only one composite signal, it could also be sync polarity... lot of things could be different from an output to another, it's not just a connector thing... inside they are just wires transporting rgb

you can achieve exactly the same result with a scart and a hd15 connector, it's just a matter to know the pinout the role of each wire inside
    • New

archimage wrote:

vga uses H+V and scart only one composite signal
      Dude, do you even own a OSSC? If you did you would understand that AV3 (VGA port) has a composite sync (RGBS) option.
      Yes it defaults to RGBHV, because that's basically VGA norm, but it also can be set to take composite sync on pin 13 (normally H only).

*sigh* I'm officially done talking about any/all of this because my frustration level is over the moon.
      Connect the shit anyway you want, don't cry when it won't work.

The post was edited 3 times, last by jassin000 ().

• New

xtrasmiley wrote:

What else is it missing guys? I only see the CPU as missing, but are some chips missing?

Also, I don't need the old CPU with the multi correct? I can buy a standard $10 CPU to use in the multi set up, or am I wrong about that?
      LOL, sorry for the massive derail @Apocalypse! I'll jump back in with the System 24 questions, so uh, anything else missing from my board?

I have a working flash one coming too, so that will hopefully be all i need, but I'd love to get GG working as that's my childhood favorite!
    • New

xtrasmiley wrote:

LOL, sorry for the massive derail @Apocalypse! I'll jump back in with the System 24 questions, so uh, anything else missing from my board?
      I have a working flash one coming too, so that will hopefully be all i need, but I'd love to get GG working as that's my childhood favorite!
      I don't see anything else obviously missing.
      What do you mean by working flash one?
      And what do you mean by getting GG working? First you would need to find the appropriate FD1094 module with the rights keys, then you'd have to write a new floppy which is nearly impossible with modern computer hardware.
      Looking for an OutRun board.